University of Delaware Early Action for Fall 2024 Admissions

This is the official thread for those applying EA to University of Delaware.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

My son applied today. HIs first submission of the season.

OOS
3.75 UW / 3.96 W
1380 SAT
6 APs
Major somewhere in the humanities

1 Like

Son applied last week but hasn’t gotten any notification about creating a portal account (seems like every other school sends them out fairly quickly.) Is it just early or did he miss something?

D applied yesterday. Poli sci. 3.83 uw,4.1 w.
8 AP, 3 H, 1 DE.
Test optional. Really strong ECs and LOR. Oos, white female, full pay if needed.

1 Like

Wow Oregon is officially OOS!

1 Like

Lol yep she is only looking at east coast schools! Makes it complicated!

1 Like

I think the link came fairly quickly. Can call admissions office maybe? Check junk mail first of course.

1 Like

Application completed on September 14th! Marine science major OOS
3.76 UW / 3.78 W
1230 SAT

2 Likes

Son applied last night!!! (It’s his first app submitted)
Chemistry Major
OOS
3.95 UW/4.61W
1470 SAT

1 Like

Daughter applied 10/12

OOS
3.94 UW / 4.47 W
1360 SAT, waiting for Oct. scores to come in.
6 APs
10 honors
Business Major

Anybody have a feel for when Delaware will release decisions? I saw in last year’s thread that some people heard in early Nov. Just curious, I’m in Oregon so obviously don’t have much inside scoop into UD timing

1 Like

My older son received his acceptance on November 4th last year. He had extremely high stats and course rigor (ultimately got accepted into the honors college), so perhaps that’s why? But just a guess. My younger son is a great student, but his stats and rigor, while on the reasonably strong side, aren’t nearly as off the charts as his brother’s, so I’m not as confident about what the decision will be. I wonder if, regardless of the decision, he’ll hear as early.

1 Like

Hope it’s November, that would be great!

3 Likes

Daughter applied in September.
OOS
3.94 GPA UW and 4.13 Weighted GPA
Test Optional
3 APs & Multiple Honors Courses
Strong ECs and Leadership
Strong Summer and School Year Jobs
Intended International Relations or Global Studies Major
Good Luck to all applicants!

2 Likes

school website says decision for EA will be out by Jan. 31.

Yes, I see that but looking at past years CC threads many were notified in Nov and Dec,
so hoping it’s early for those who submitted in Sept/Oct.

3 Likes

My D21 heard in early November for her application year. She was nursing so we were really surprised that she heard that early. It was still covid so really weird time for admissions.

5 Likes

My daughter applied mid October. Out of state, 4.0 unweighted/4.5 weighted, 1370 SAT, 8 APs, statistics major. Hopefully she gets a nice merit package, but it seems so many kids are applying with such high SAT scores.

UDel called my daughter the other night asking if she had any questions, and to verify her contact info. We’ve received the most communication from UDel and my daughter’s first choice, Loyola University Maryland.

2 Likes

Our daughters have similar stats - 4.38 weighted, 1450 SAT, 8 APs, OOS. Mine applied mid-Sept and we really haven’t heard anything except the emails to set up her portal. It’s nice that your daughter received a phone call - love that personal touch! When we visited last fall, my daughter was considering majoring in statistics so we ended up meeting with the chair of that program. He was fantastic and the program sounds terrific. In the end, my daughter decided to major in Finance, but is considering a stats minor down the road. Good luck to your daughter!