University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

Thank you so much!

This is great advice, thanks!

agreedā€¦very impressed

1 Like

Agree. You have been extremely helpful.

Thanks, Iā€™m happy to help if there is a specific answer I can give. I tend to stay away from opinions. I mean obviously I think UF is the best school :wink: while I also know UF isnā€™t, and couldnā€™t possibly be, the best school for everyone.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if my daughter needs to set up her Gator link to see if she gets a scholarship on March 11, or can she wait and will scholarship notification be via her regular email? TY!

Financial Aid packages show up in ONE.UF so your daughter should create a gatorlink to view her financial aid information when itā€™s release. I think they follow up with mail for beginning freshman but waiting will delay the info.

1 Like

S22 received a housing email, I remember that we paid a $25 deposit back in Nov. Anyone else received a housing email?

I have been searching what are some of the good residence halls for freshman students. Any idea from current students or parents on how to go about it?

How do you set up a the One.UF? Would need a Gatorlink username and pw to login. Does the school send us this info? My son got accepted last week. Awaiting for scholarships and financial aid.

Yes, he should have gotten the invitation code to set up his gatorlink.

Thank you!

Anyone familiar with the area ? We are looking to do an admitted students day tour and we are from PA. In need of hotel recommendationsā€¦prefer to be walkable to campus. Thank you !

answering only as me. There is a hotel in the Reitz Union. Aloft and Hilton are on 34th St which is very close to the larger campus (museums, softball/baseball but not super close to the main buildings, AC Hotel Gainesville Downtown & Holiday Inn are very close to campus off of university & 13th.

1 Like

Itā€™s beautiful in Gainesville right now. Gorgeous temps, blue skies and Azaleas are blooming.

However, aiā€™d recommend packing some Allegra if sensitive to pollen as it, too, is appearing.

A great new hotel (and by Shands and the VA) is
Hotel Eleo. A little pricey but brand new and nice location. Maybe a fun and convenient choice for a future visit if student ends up committing and attending UF.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a freshman parent. I recommend spending some time thinking about what type of dorm your student wants and how important they find location.

Many freshman want Broward or Jennings - they are considered very social and have great locations but are double rooms with a shared hall bathroom. Some really want suite style with kitchens, etc and donā€™t mind being farther away - for example Lakeside can be too far to conveniently walk to class - busses are not super reliable especially with extensive ongoing construction changing routes.

Also consider if they want to be housed with others in an LLC. The advantage there is having some of the same classes/experiences, disadvantage could be missing out on some social interactions or diversity. The advantage of an LLC like engineering or health science is that most freshman STEM majors will have earlier morning classes so the roommates might be on the same sleep/wake/study schedule.

My son lives in a traditional style dorm in the Broward area. There are a lot of freshman Greek students and it can definitely get ā€œsocial.ā€ He prefers hallway shared bathrooms because thereā€™s always availability and they are cleaned daily except on weekends. He would have chosen to stay on campus in a different dorm next year if he could get a private bedroom but since heā€™s a true freshman with only a few incoming credits (many are coming in with 60 credits and credit count is what matters for sophomore year priority) his selection time was very late and nothing desirable was left. He will live in a walking distance apartment next year.

Hope this helps with what to think about. I also recommend investing in dehumidifiers and air purifiers and keeping the a/c on as directed to minimize mold which can be an issue for some.

7 Likes

The dates for the Admitted Students Day events are out :crocodile:

https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/portal/fld_faq

1 Like

Iā€™d also add that the ā€œbestā€ dorms (in terms of location and social interaction) are, well, not the greatest or nicest dorms, BUT theyā€™re SO worth considering. Yes, it would be nice if there were single rooms and/or private bathrooms, but the immersive experience of living on campus is second to none.

Broward and Jennings are both have hallway, shared bathrooms-- and known to be super social. Broward has an elevator, Jennings only has a service elevator. Close to classes, dining, sorority row, and not terribly far from 13th/University.

Beaty is also in a great location (very close to Jennings and Broward)-- small ā€œapartment-likeā€ mini-suites with a kitchen and small common area and a bathroom shared between two bedrooms/4 suitemates. Less social, but many prefer having a kitchen and semi-private bathroom-- also the closest dorms to sorority row. The bedrooms in Beaty are pretty small, just FYI.

Yes, there are dorms that are new/nicer, but these OG dorms (especially Broward) are the ones that tend to go fast. Thereā€™s also an LLC in Broward (or at least there is this year) that pairs up an out of stater Gator with a Floridian-- so that might be a way to get into a ā€œbetterā€ dorm even if you didnā€™t submit your deposit super early.

3 Likes

@Aadavan_Elangovan There are virtual admitted students events/sessions that you can attend.

Registration available now
https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/portal/ASVS

Registration available starting March 8th
https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/portal/ss

3 Likes

Anyone know if college dining is mandatory for freshmen? And which rooms/dorms have a kitchen?

1 Like