University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

OOS, denied. He is crushed but I know he will survive and thrive somewhere else. I have to say I am sad because now I won’t get to visit my hometown and alma mater more often, but I know he will be ok. As an aside, I KNOW that UF doesn’t consider legacy, but both of his grandfathers were UF professors, and we all bleed orange and blue in this family…so this is a hard one to stomach. Congrats to all of the new Gators! You are going to love it. Go Gators!

2 Likes

Honors please

DD denied. She was accepted into FSU honors so I don’t know what to make out of it. The stats are all over the average. What is the appeal process?

4 Likes

DS accepted OOS no email last week.

1 Like

daughter rejected. OOS, 4.2 GPA, 33 ACT

2 Likes

Same for my daughter and has been offered a great scholarship. It’s a tough day to be a parent.

1 Like

Son denied outright. OOS, 4.0 with 35 ACT. Yearbook Editor in Chief, Band Officer, National Merit Commended, mostly AP and Honors classes, extensive community involvement. I’m surprised but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a pic of the UF honors acceptance letter? Is there an email sent out?

Have to admit I’m curious as to why you have asked about 5 times to see what an honors acceptance looks like. Can I ask why you want to know so badly?

1 Like

OOS
Accepted
4.3 W
1370 SAT
AP, Honors, IB , extracurriculars, work, volunteer
Varsity sport and captain
Business
Did not get email last week

1 Like

oh sorry can’t help you there :grinning: She didn’t even apply once they came to her school and gave the stats.

1 Like

That is incredibly surprising. Is the 4.0 UW?

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be annoying : ( I just don’t know if I am looking at the right screen. I wish you and your kid luck!

2 Likes

FSU is amazing though. She will probably be very happy there, everyone I know who goes/went there loves it

3 Likes

It is the second paragraph right under the acceptance sentences.

2 Likes

OMG for sure! FSU is an awesome school.

2 Likes

Not annoying. Just curious.

Scroll through your acceptance and you’d see if you’re accepted into honors. It will tell you if you are.

Congrats to the new gators! having gone through this process already with our first child I am not salty about rejection. I truly believe there are more qualified applicants than spaces available at many schools and my son has been accepted to some already. But the notification of PaCE was really bad. One of first lessons in business - Under promise and over deliver, not the other way around. Need to learn it UF. Best of luck to you all, feel like I know some of you from all the posts.

10 Likes

Accepted. OOS, CS, 3.9+ GPA with 15+ APs, top 10%, 1550+ SAT, some olympiad/research/humanities ECs.

2 Likes

Im sorry. My niece was accepted into PACE in 2018. I will never forget her tears of excitement when she saw the congratulations. And then the tears of sadness pain when she saw it was PACE. They should really state it right off the bat and manage expectations. I

8 Likes