University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

If admitted students tours are not available, consider College tours (Engineering, Business, Journalism, etc.), if you haven’t already done one. I think some slots are still available in early March.

7 Likes

Admission scholarship money was in the acceptance letter, merit is different and in two weeks.

2 Likes

Son accepted
OOS
Honors Program invite
4.66 W GPA
4.0 UW
34 ACT
Good ECs
Intended major Biology

4 Likes

The numbers might seem random, but there’s something great about each kid and they feel they’ll make a contribution.

2 Likes

I know. Our high school in particular just doesn’t do well with UVA, as opposed to other schools in our area. My point is there are a lot of good kids who are doing everything right who can’t seem to get into the schools they would have gotten into just a few years ago. For example, there’s a kid in my daughter’s grade who is in the top 10 in the class, is in Ukraine right now for an organization he started, who hcoukd not get into any Ivy League school. He’

2 Likes

Son accepted, OOS looking forward to accepted student day!

3 Likes

OOS son accepted for engineering

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hello! I was accepted into the Honors Program, but when I go to the enrollment confirmation page on my application portal it gives me the option to confirm my intent to participate in both the Honors Program and the University Research Scholars Program. My decision letter has no information about being invited to the URSP, but I am still given the option to accept or decline their offer. Does this mean I was accepted into the program and not notified, or that there was a glitch in the enrollment confirmation system?

1 Like

Call or email admissions tomorrow and ask.

Anyone else receive the inadvertent gatorlink email and then rejected? Seems like most admitted.

4 Likes

OOS mom -my son received the emails last week and was rejected. So much for taking kids mental health into consideration- he’s devastated! Bad on the university!

3 Likes

I realized I failed to share stats earlier, in case they are useful:

In-state
Accepted (not to Honors)
1590 SAT
4.0 UW
CS Major
NMF, AP Scholar with Distinction

3 Likes

Accepted to PACE. Am curious if it was because my application was sent near the deadline. Applied on housing portal near the same time.

Regardless, will be declining for better schools with 4 year on campus offers.

Good luck all!!

Does anyone have any insights on how acceptance into the undergraduate business program works? My son was accepted on Friday to the university but no mention of whether he was accepted into the business school. Any color is welcome. Thx.

1 Like

If you got in by the deadline, then I’d presume that’s not it.

1 Like

I don’t believe UF admits by major, except engineering. I believe you’ll simply declare a business major when you get to campus. Both my kids got in but didn’t attend so I may be off but I know major is not considered for admittance.

5 Likes

You are correct that UF doesn’t admit by major, even for engineering. You can apply for elementary education and change to nuclear engineering at preview. The exceptions are innovation and Pace acceptances. You can still change your major but you are limited to the majors listed in innovation and Pace. So if you apply undeclared and get into Pace, your choices will be limited to Pace majors.

2 Likes

Do we know if applications were up again this year, down, or about the same?

The one that always confuses me is engineering - which my son was admitted for. But some get offered Santa Fe…for that major.

The other thing that I know a few people get tripped up with - not just at UF but all the Florida publics - is the 9 credit summer requirement. We know a few that were excited for their Florida school but chose other schools when they learned of it - I’m not sure they knew of it before applying (we did).

The State of Florida requires that undergraduate students complete 9 hours of summer credit at a Florida state university. Summer hours at a state or community college do not count toward this requirement.

3 Likes