University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’m sure they will release the numbers later. But I know that sometimes more spaces open up for UF if other schools in the state don’t use their allotment!

2 Likes

I see that admitted student tours are open for March and April. Will there be additional events like Florida Days? We have tentatively scheduled an admitted tour for Mar 24. Waiting to make travel plans because we have to fly in.

3 Likes

Yes, I believe the admitted student event emails should be going very soon - possibly this afternoon to signed up for admitted student tours, Virtual Events and also Florida Days.

3 Likes

Do you know if you are accepted to Summer B…is that program only in person or can it be done on-line?

Just got the email, thanks! Registered for Florida Days, so we will be sure to cancel the tour for the other day. Does Florida Days include a tour?

3 Likes

It is supposed to be in person per the undergraduate catalog Admission < University of Florida

• Admission to on-campus degree programs must be validated by taking one or more on-campus courses in the specific semester for which the student is accepted. Correspondence and/or internet -courses do not fulfill this requirement, and this rule does not apply to internet-based degree programs.

Yes, it does, a campus walking tour is available in the afternoon at Florida Days

4 Likes

Ok, thank you for answering my questions! One more thing, will there be an opportunity to speak with specific programs (Honors) at Florida days? I saw that Honors has some specific sessions on their website for other dates.

1 Like

There are definitely going to be multiple people to talk to for different departments and programs, study abroad, clubs and activities but I do not know if Honors is there for all the Florida Days sessions.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, anyone have an idea of the general date of submission they get to in grandparent waivers? We submitted when my son applied, but he applied at the deadline.

Just came back from to visit UF, we were there from last three days and even we did not find a space into Guided tour they slide us in and gave us a very detailed information, Housing office also provided such a good details. My son got in love with campus and same time he committed to UF. OOS and interested in Aerospace Engineering program. Thank you UF staff and admission office for your help (such an amazing people), we really got all our answers from you guys.
GO GATORS :crocodile: :crocodile: :crocodile:

5 Likes

Thank you for all of the information you have provided. We have set up an admitted student campus tour on 3/24. We may not be able to make the Florida Day dates, but would love to speak with someone in the science school- particularly, Chemistry. Should we email directly to see if they could meet with us on the day we tour? Or is there another way to handle that ?

Also, Regarding the grand parent waivers- do you know how many are given out? We are waitlisted, so we were wondering the process for this.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hooray - so glad he has found his place!

2 Likes

So glad you had a good time. I applied to UF right after I saw it for the first time and loved it so much I managed not to leave after I graduated. Best 32 years of my life :crocodile::orange_heart::blue_heart:

6 Likes

I would start with advising.ufl.edu and see if you can get an appointment. That week starts advanced registration and advising is going to be super busy. I believe we start with a few dozen waivers and then wait to see if/when we get more. Last year we did but we have no idea how many or when more will be allotted.

This is a cool and interesting event! Write here and there!

This is a cool and interesting event! Write here and there!

1 Like

Can you opt for Summer B or do you have to be admitted as Summer B

Thank you so much for the info! we will start there.

1 Like

Need to apply for a change from Fall 23 to Summer 23 and it will depend on space availability.

3 Likes