University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

It seems merit/ scholarship wave all done and we were not awarded any. We will enroll anyways. Just put down the deposit and expect to get housing selection done.

2 Likes

We had the same issue. I resolved it by setting up the two factor identification and then it worked.

2 Likes

do i have to use two devices except for computer to set up the two factor identification?

iā€™ve set two devices but still cant get inā€¦ anybody in the same situation?? :tired_face:

UF hasnā€™t released any stats/data yet on applicants this year or the admitted class, has it?

1 Like

I was told 9000/65000 which is around 14% but that seems a bit low compared to previous years

1 Like

My son had to download Duo Mobile on his phone and get a passcode from the app and then it worked. Duo Enrollment - Guide to Two-Factor Authentication Ā· Duo Security

3 Likes

Dear @Melissa96 and All

I am an OOS, I have to fly to your school. When you have a chance, could you please inform us what are the purposes of the following dates:

1. The Days:
  • Florida Days
  • Admitted Student Tour Day
  • Destination Day

From the three days,

• which one provides students the opportunities to talk / listen to the departmentā€™s representatives for the majors they are interested to study?
  • which one provides students to view the dorms , the colleges, etc.
  1. If none from the above, in what ā€œEvent Dayā€ the representatives from the departments will present/tour the prospective students to take a peek at inside his/her departments, so the students/parents could know a bit of the program / major / minor / expectations / networking / co-op / internship / summer, etc. before the student presses the ā€˜Commitā€™ button. Thank you very much.
1 Like

Admitted tours is very similar to prospective tours with some of the information changed so it is more specific to UF students.

Florida Days is more that you are looking to see. Meet with colleges, learn more about programs and events that UF offers and some facilities tours. I donā€™t know whether the more residence halls are available beyond Jennings but you will definitely be able to talk to a lot of people about your various interests.

3 Likes

You have to continue to login as a prospective student. It wonā€™t work if you use your GatorLink.

1 Like

Melissa. Iā€™m curious as to why UF isnā€™t more forthcoming about their admissions/ acceptance numbers like FSU is? Why donā€™t we get to know real acceptance rates and average stats for innovation and pace and Santa Fe programs? Why is there such a lag in even just getting numbers to the common data set? Also how many qualified apps vs total apps?

3 Likes

I had assumed it was a Florida-wide thing about the common data set, but I just checked and FSU and USF already have the 2022-23 common data set posted publicly (like many other schools). UF still only has 2020-21.

Iā€™ve been told the numbers were about 15-16 thousand out of around 65 thousand applicants. Making the rate slightly lower than FSU.

1 Like

Is there an in state out of state breakdown?

Has anyone who was admitted received an acceptance letter in the mail or is that not a thing for UF?

1 Like

Yes, a few days ago. Big envelope with a folder, gator sticker, and acceptance letter. Prob on way to you.

4 Likes

did any international student get the I-20 form?

1 Like

Dear Ms. @Melissa96,
Thank you so much for the info.
We attended the Destination night at our state, nothing much of the info was given. We need to come to UF to learn more.
Do you know what time Florida Days event will be over? If it ends early, we could book the airfares to fly home on the same day. Thank you again and Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Both of my twins were accepted, but only one got the big envelope :woozy_face:

1 Like

The Presentation Part of the day should be over by 2 - then there will be additional options to choose from to visit until I believe 4.

1 Like