University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

They got sent in groups, hopefully the other one arrives soon.

1 Like

The numbers are released by the VP of Enrollment Management. Iā€™m not sure why they havenā€™t gone yet, I was expecting them a while ago.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the new Honors Village will be available to live and dorm in for incoming honors freshman in the upcoming 2023-2024 school year?

Ahh! okay. Thanks!

2 Likes

The new Honors College Residential Facilities construction is about 70% completed.

Building 1 & 3 completion date is Aug 5th, occupancy Fall 2023.

Building 2 & 4 completion date is Nov 1st, Occupancy Spring 2023.

Building 5 completion date is July 2024. Occupancy Fall 2024.

EDIT: Now ask me about the Racquet Club Dining Renovation! May 2023! (someone is looking at the Major Capital Construction Projects-Update reportā€¦). Fun fact, there are currently 40 major capital construction projects ongoing at UF with a final project cost of $2,227,891,242 (I had to double check that number). The final cost for the new Honors College Residential Facilities is $220 Million.

3 Likes

We are in the Northeast and got it today! :orange_heart::blue_heart:

6 Likes

We are also in the Northeast and finally received the acceptance package. It was the last one to come in and very exciting.

6 Likes

hi! anybody knows how to select single room or double rooms in housing application? i can only see the building preference :upside_down_face:

do international students receive it as well?

1 Like

No, the big packet doesnā€™t get sent internationally. Last year that we did we had A LOT returned.

1 Like

This just showed up in our mailbox also. My son may have gotten an email I guess too - have to ask. Wasnā€™t expecting merit and I thought he had withdrawn his application already but guess not!

Time for Class of 2027 Stats!

Total Applications: 66,282
Total Honor Applications 14,089 (compared to 9,890 last year)
Total Honors Decision Released: 1,782 (1,571 last year)

I expect the acceptance rate is about the same as last years.

6 Likes

Thanks! Is there an instate out of state breakdown?

1 Like

Where did you get this? They didnā€™t include the number of students accepted? Thanks!

The info was presented in the last BOT meeting (which was webcasted and public).

There isnā€™t much more data, it was fairly high level. It didnā€™t include number of accepted students (just number of responses set out), though they did mention a number around 15,000. There was an increase in OOS students that applied, but no numbers.

3 Likes

thank you! how many applied last year?

1 Like

does anyone know the late space decisions release date? also like any stats about the admission pool would be greatly appreciated

This is interesting stats I assume the honors look into more then the stats
since my son wasnā€™t accepted into the honors college with 35 ACT and 4.7 GPA
and a ton on EC and good essays. Hopefully he can next year.

Guys, Iā€™m really struggling with housing. Iā€™ve tried multiple links and logging into multiple things, but I cannot figure out how to do it. Can someone send me in the right direction, Iā€™m begging.

Last year? I want to say about 65K applied. This year wasnā€™t a huge increase.

1 Like