University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

ooops. Started a post but realized I was on the wrong thread.

Dear @Melissa96,

My student has committed to UF. We are now scheduling for Preview Days, parent has to pay $95. May I ask: Will school provide breakfasts & lunches for both days? Thank you.

I’m sorry, Admissions is completely separate from Preview - I’m not sure what the cost per adult covers. Preview should be able to tell you definitively.

You may call our office at 352-392-8396 or e-mail your questions to new-students@ufl.edu.

Anyone has an idea on how long it takes to get a response for an appeal?

Someone did it last year and got a response within a week - and shockingly, won her appeal but she’s at CMU (edit)

1 Like

For Freshman - they should all be finished by Thursday evening.

2 Likes

Thanks! Any idea on how many appeals typically done?

In a year? For freshman it is a few hundred with a very small number actually having the decision overturned.

DS is commiting to UF – and now we are a little flummoxed at choosing 8 dorm housing preferences. Any advice? Broward Hall will prob be first preference bc/o OOS LLC? But otherwise, no idea.

Broward would definitely provide a very traditional experience. The communal bathroom dorms tend to be the most social.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ufl/comments/11cus4z/best_dorms_for_uf_freshman/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ufl/comments/fbgqnq/dorm_reviews_for_uf_2024_or_anyone_else/

LOL. Get on reddit (you can just google reddit and uf dorms. You’ll get lots of opinions on what dorms students think are the best (spoiler–they all pretty much like their dorm the best for various reasons). Match some next to a campus map and it’ll give you a pretty good idea. The older dorms like Broward, Jennings, Rawlings have great locations to freshman classes and tend to be very social so it’s easy to make friends. Yes, they have communal bathrooms but it’s a great way to meet people. You haven’t lived until you sing in the shower and have others join you in harmony!
Note that the second link is 3 years old but it’s a pretty good run down.
Congrats and Go Gators!

Thank you so much – this is super-helpful! And I have proven completely unable to find anything on Reddit on my own

My son is very excited to be a Gator!

1 Like

Just type into google: reddit uf dorms

Lots of threads should show up!

My daughter just committed to UF. Do most students purchase a season pass for the football games? My daughter said she thinks students get game day single tickets so that they can sit with their friends because the season pass tickets have a specific assigned seat where u have to sit all season. Any advice?

Thanks! One more question- for in state does bright futures cover everything including dorms and miscellaneous fees?

1 Like

i’m not sure on specifics but the student season tickets are done so you can link your friends together so you all sit together. I think that can be changed game to game. Everyone has to have a season ticket for this to happen.

From the UF Football ticket site 2023:
Students will be able to link with friends for every home game. Students with tickets will be alerted in the fall when they can begin setting up friend groups. Students have the ability to link accounts with other students to ensure they are sitting with friends. The deadline to link with friends is 3 pm the Tuesday prior to each game. Once a friend group is set up, it will remain in place all season. There is no need to re-link every week.

1 Like

Bright Futures covers tuition and mandatory fees. No dorms.

2 Likes

There are also different levels of BF, and the top one covers tuition and fees, but the other levels cover less. BF also has a book stipend.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

Do parents typically go to the UF orientation for Freshmen?