University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

No, it will be Friday usually between 5:30-6 pm

5 Likes

Maybe I am naive but I fully believe the UF people when they say the emails have zero correlation to decisions.

All this back and forth speculation is pretty pointless.

And UF has been very straightforward about the process. They told us the release date a while ago and are sticking to it.

7 Likes

Will there be admitted students events in March? If so, will dates be announced soon after decisions are released?

1 Like

Iā€™m hopeful about the decision this Friday.
Applied with 3.81 GPA, 1550 SAT, strong extracurriculars, and strong essay. Also applied for honors.
Though maybe itā€™s a bad sign that Iā€™ve been denied by UVA and GT and waitlisted by VTā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s strange that you were denied by UVA and GT. With strong stats like yours, you should be deferred at least. Cant believe even VT waitlisted you. Did you get any offers?

3 Likes

My DD has similar statistics (4.6W, 34 ACT, great EC, good essays) and was admitted to UMichā€™s COE but rejected from UVA. Sometimes itā€™s hard to make sense of this process. Getting into UVA from out of state is difficult though.

2 Likes

Yes, I would think admitted student tours and events are likely to be released next week.

4 Likes

How does UF decide who gets admitted to the PaCe program? Is there a range of stats for those students that are slightly below the regularly admitted students?

2 Likes

We admit everyone to campus that we possibly can and then go back and then look at who is left and select them by major.

6 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

My daughter had similar stats 2 years ago and was rejected by UVA but got into schools that were consider much higher reach. I told her the important thing is to not take any of it personally, you never know what piece of the puzzle the admission counselor is trying to fill when they get to your application.

3 Likes

My daughter had very similar stat as well, except a 4.5 GPA 34 ACT, and was denied to UVA. (OOS) I donā€™t think it helped that she applied to their nursing school.

1 Like

You really canā€™t make sense of it. Especially as a parent you can feel it in your gut what school environment would be better for your kid. But admissions has their process.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t get the Gatorlink email that many people did, but has since been removed/followed up with an email saying to disregard. I didnā€™t get either of those emails. Does this confirm rejection
?

1 Like

It 100% does not have anything to do with your decision that will be out on Friday evening.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply! Around what time (EST) do decisions come out on Friday?

2 Likes

usually between 5:30 and 6 pm

3 Likes

General question: To what extent does demonstrated interest matter when it comes to UF? Does anyone have info/stats on this? And what does demonstrated interest entail, does it include how early you applied/if you applied for housing, etc??

2 Likes

No, UF does not use demonstrated interested in making decisions.

1 Like

I understand that UF also does not admit by major. How do they then get kids for very small majors like my son who is marine science?

1 Like