University of Georgia Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

He said he’d go to Auburn over UGA but not sure if honors college will change his thought process. Shocked about the honors college admit but very happy!

3 Likes

Accept OOS! No idea how!

4 Likes

Accepted!!
OOS - Pennsylvania
1340 SAT, 4.1 UGA calculated GPA
Program - BFA Graphic Design

So excited!!

Good luck all!!

3 Likes

D23 was accepted OOS with Honors admit too!

4.23 UGA GPA and 1540 SAT

5 Likes

how do you find out about Honors? is it in the same congratulations status update? my daughter was accepted but she didn’t mention Honors so I guess she didn’t get that. I know there will be some other way to apply for it later…

OOS (NJ), 1530 SAT, she has a 4.0 UW GPA and 4.6 W GPA but that’s not using UGA system…

3 Likes

It is in the acceptance letter. And there is a hyperlink to a separate honors college admission letter with the acceptance requirements for that program. You can apply separately to Honors - believe it is due in early February. And you also have an opportunity to apply your first semester (but have to take 14 graded hours minimum to apply).

Congratulations on her acceptance!

Accepted!

In-state/Metro Atlanta
UGA GPA 4.39
32 ACT
16 AP/IB Classes
IB Diploma Candidate
Good ECs, leadership, and volunteer hours

3 Likes

As a graduate of Auburn, I would advise you visit. It is a special place with a personality all its’ own. It also has a good engineering school.

This being said, my son is a freshman at UGA. UGA is full of students that are the best their schools had to offer on and off paper. It is not for everyone.

May you end up where you are meant to be.

4 Likes

Congratulations!! The Honors Program is wonderful!

D23 accepted! OOS 4.0 UW GPA not sure of UGA GPA
8 AP’s total
35 ACT

4 Likes

Does know when they release merit aid?

1 Like

D23 accepted to UGA Honors College, we are in-state,
4.42 WGPA
16 APs + DiffiQ & Multivariable Calc, AP Capstone Diploma
SAT1570

Now we wait for the UGA School of Music decision!
Good luck all!

7 Likes

They usually release merit aid info December, I think, and Foundation Fellowship invitations are out mid January.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Congrats to all that got in!

Deferred

OOS (NY)
33 ACT
4.0gpa, 9 AP, , 3 DE, and honors level rigor
Loads of leadership, EC, volunteering etc
excellent essay and recommendation

-kind of bummed

@jak76 is your 4.0 a UGA GPA?

1 Like

Deferred doesn’t = rejected. Head up.

Don’t know your overall profile. But you did your best stats wise. So you’ll have great options.

4 Likes

Why is Auburn out?

1 Like

It’s not per @VirginiaBelle . I made an incorrect assumption as Ga is her state and I know Ga Tech is tops. I just assumed if not Ga Tech, then UGA. Obviously her child loves Auburn, which is a great program. Many kids would choose it over UGA and other fine schools.

Bet he gets Ga Tech but Auburn is awesome too.

Frankly, most schools are awesome !!

1 Like