University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

Please use this thread to discuss everything admissions for Illinois UC for Fall 2023 admissions (Class of 2027). Who’s applying early decision?

3 Likes

UIUC only has early action (EA) and regular decision (RD)…no early decision.

3 Likes

Hello! I am currently applying to UIUC for Early Action. Use this thread to talk about UIUC general questions (whether it be about peoples process with applying, questions about the actual process, etc.)

2 Likes

my dd submitted her common app for early decision and completed the SRAR today. on the myillini portal it says her application is complete for regular decision. Does anyone know why it wouldn’t reflect early decision as submitted on the common app? or how she can get it corrected?

She should contact them and get it corrected to EA.

Hi. I had the same issue! Did you ever get an answer? Thanks!

Same issue for DD as well…will ask her to send an email.

It should change to EA after the SRAR processes (assuming your D checked off EA in the common app). Double check that before contacting admissions.

2 Likes

After 24 hours from submitting the SrAR, your myillini portal should state early decision (even though SrAR submittal said regular decision). Happened for my son.

It should state early action after SRAR submission/processing (no ED at UIUC)

Typo, I meant early action:)

2 Likes

Does anyone have a sense for what’s considered a good SAT score to submit vs better to not submit?

Start here, but as always there is nuance and the context of the student’s HS and experience is important.

Thank you. I think they self-corrected it after a few days.

1 Like

My DD self corrected after a few days

Thank you, very helpful.

1 Like

Yes it corrected after SRAR, thank you

Applying EA to UIUC. Just wanted to check before we hit submit. The 2 questions under Academic Challenges are optional, correct?
(1) Explain any challenges (outside of COVID-related) you have faced throughout your academic career, including the dates or timeline below. (2) If you have a low grade or a drop in grades that you have not already explained, do so below.

Thank you !

Yes, those are truly optional. Good luck!

Wondering when EA decisions are typically sent, does UIUC stick to their stated notification date of 1/27 or (like some other schools) do they roll out notifications earlier?

2 Likes