University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

Deferred for Computer Engineering. Any idea on what are the chances of acceptance?

Any idea on the chances of conversion from Deferred?

2 Likes

What is LOCI?

Letter of Continued Interest

1 Like

Great can you share the stats

Thanks. He applied to CS as first choice major. Thinking of choosing Maths plus CS in the appeal as major now, will that help?

its 1580 SAT

1 Like

No, that major won’t work because it’s not allowed as a second choice major selection. He can ask the AO what they recommend when he calls about appealing.

oh I called them and gave example for Maths plus CS major and he said yes that can be filled

Surprising, but I defer to the UIUC staffer. Good luck.

2 Likes

Technically, Mathematics and Computer Science is not a CS+X. It is in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and not Grainger College of Engineering. So it should be allowed for a second choice major. You’re probably still facing an uphill battle since you’ve been denied, but it can’t hurt to try! Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you. Yes he said it is allowed but for that matter any CS major and even Maths+CS is equally competitive and one can only get in if someone leaves which rarely happens. But I am still planning to try my luck by appealing.

1 Like

does anyone know deferral stats for UIUC CS? also, does deferred mean the applicant was considered and then deferred from both first and second choices?

2 Likes

My son got in Grainger engineering- Computer Science; OOS, 1560 SAT; 4.75 GPA

3 Likes

Deferred means applicant is still being considered for first choice in RD. Going forward, they will be put into the RD pool for first choice. If first choice is a no, then they will be considered for second choice.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully being deferred is better than being placed in your second choice EA, unless they fill up competitive majors EA.

1 Like

Accepted to College of Applied Health. Is it possible to double major with a major in Arts & Sciences, while being registered in AHS? Or is it possible to transfer? e.g. a double major in Health Administration and Statistics or Economics?

Wanted to circle back on this. I agree Math and CS is not a CS+X major, it is called a blended major. Blended majors are also not allowed as second choice majors when one applies to UIUC (same as CS+X majors)…hence my surprise at what @killkam reported. Regardless I wish @killkam good luck on the appeal.

1 Like

Does the University of Illinois mail an acceptance packet to admitted students? Just curious to see if UIUC still notifies the old school way.

1 Like

They did last year. They also had a number of virtual events for admitted students and they kept us informed very well.

2 Likes