University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

Might just be me but they could be encouraging you to take the SAT again to get a better score on math (770+)

I got 790 in Math and 790 in English still got rejected for CS major :frowning:

1 Like

Possibly, but now that I’m waitlisted it’s really not worth it IMO considering other factors, among that my 6AP/11un CC courseload and the fact that UIUC was my most expensive school and far out of reach without some serious accounting work on my end

1 Like

CS+X is way easier stats wise which might be why it’s different for me(easier because less apply and its not in COE)

My DS was awarded Technip FMC scholarship for $10K per year for a total of $40K. In state and accepted into CS in Grainger.

3 Likes

I have appealed for CS+Maths. Lets see.

Where on the portal do you check if scholarship was awarded?

1 Like

How did you find out about the scholarship? Did you receive an email. We are OOS for Grainger material engineering

Schools don’t waitlist applicants and expect them to retake the SAT to appeal their decision.

We received a letter through snail mail.

1 Like

We received a snail mail letter, but it is also in the portal. A “scholarship” section appears near the top of the portal and includes an electronic version of the letter.

My son received a “general” university scholarship … I wonder if the Grainger scholarships have been awarded yet and if you would find out about them in the same way? I am certainly not expecting to receive any other scholarship … just curious really.

1 Like

My son was notified of a scholarship from Grainger Feb 9th by email. The email was addressed to him, but my spouse and I were both copied. The email stated that he would be receiving one, but that the amount and more information would be sent later and before Mar 31st.
We have not received those details yet.
We are in-state and my son was accepted for CS.

3 Likes

Our son did. Rejected for CS. Appealed for CS+Education
We are told by AO that CS+Math and CS+Stats might not be easy either.

We might hear something in another 2-4 weeks.
His stats - 4.45 WGPA, with 11 APs so far and 5 more Honors/Capstone courses in Senior year. 1550 SAT

2 Likes

All the best to you. My stats, 1580 SAT, 13 APs, 3.92 unweighted GPA. OOS.

1 Like

Thank you. Wishing you the best

1 Like

How’s Statistics and CS major? My son was accepted with invitation to James Scholar Honors program? How’s Stat & CS compared to CS+X Major ? Just curious to know

What was your reason for appeal? Were they not aware of your 1580?

You can’t say - I disagree.

You have to show something has changed; there’s somethng there were unaware of.

I appealed to second major, earlier I applied only to CS. They should be aware of my 1580.

1 Like

Confused. Did you not initially select a second ?

What has changed from your original app that would cause them to reconsider ?

And if you want to study CS, why choose an alternative major ? Go to a school that will let you study what you want.

There are many fine schools. UIUC is not the only.

What am I missing ?

Good luck.

1 Like

1580 is awesome. If you have ECs in CS/Programming already, my recommendation is not to jump to CS+X and pay the OOS price at UIUC.

Unless you need to be in UIUC for a different reason, Pick a different T20 univ in CS/CE department. It will all work out better than expected.

1 Like