University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

It was from ANDY BORST, PH.D.
Director of Undergraduate Admissions

My son applied for Mechanical Engineering.

1 Like

My kid (engineering applicant) also got this email. Timing very odd. We also did this tour last year so not sure why we received it.

1 Like

My D23 also did not receive and is education

1 Like

No email and LAS applicant here, so maybe the engineering applicants got it?

1 Like

My son got that email back in September last year. It was shortly after a virtual session and some email exchanges with the admissions office to clarify some points.

Mine did not receive this last email and has app submitted to LAS.

My son applied as a business major and we did a campus tour last year. We also received this email. I wonder if this is for folks who did a tour in the past. I don’t believe it means anything.

1 Like

My daughter created a new email id just for applying to colleges including UIUC. She also got this email but in her generic email id and not the one she used in applying for UIUC. So possibly the filter must not be from admissions but one of the places she used her generic email like college board, college fairs, niche website for scholarships, etc.

12 Likes

Yes. I got this email, not my son and so I suspect this is a mass email sent out. There is an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom and so has been picked up from some email database. Definitely no portal astrology here.

7 Likes

Thanks all, figured as much. You’d figure they’d be a little more careful in communicating with folks- especially those in EA who they obviously know their decision.

Friday can’t come soon enough (UIUC, GT, Michigan). Good luck to all :four_leaf_clover:.

8 Likes

I am looking forward to May 2nd… The decision should be made by that time…

3 Likes

Any idea what time decisions would be out on Friday?

People are saying 4pm central time

1 Like

Admissions director tweeted it would be Friday at 4pm

5 Likes

Is that EST or CST?

I’m assuming CST- the time zone he is in

2 Likes

Not much excitement/anticipation (posts in general) going on for UIUC compared to some of the other schools releasing decisions today/tomorrow. :thinking:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! My son is waiting on UIUC, U Michigan, RPI, and Northeastern EA all coming in this week or next. I was surprised there wasn’t much activity on this thread!

3 Likes

I just randomly checked it but we were expecting a decision two weeks from now. Good to know!

We are waiting too. 4pm CT tomorrow

2 Likes