University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

I should also note she’s waiting on UC San Diego, UCLA and UC Berkeley but I think those are released later. I’m not as involved with the details as other parents.

1 Like

UT Austin has historically released results in multiple batches. If you google “When might I receive my UT-Austin major decision”, you will see the dates from the past few years and most years the admissions were announced by Jan 27. This year being the first year of common app for UT Austin, they may have huge increase in applications and are well within their rights to announce it all on Feb 1st.

2 Likes

oh wow, I had no idea. I did try googling the other day when UT Austin would announce its Early Action decision but I think I saw on the website it would be Feb. 1 - so this is news that the school announces it in batches. That might be the only school I heard of that announces it in batches.

1 Like

@Starlight618 our children seem to have almost the same list :slight_smile: The UCs come out end of March.

That’s what I thought (about the UCs)…frankly as an out of state student, I doubt she will get into any of the UC schools but she wanted to try. I say go for it. I would be happy if she got into any of these schools she applied to: University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin, University of Michigan, University of Texas, University of Florida - and of course those 3 California schools. I just want her to be happy and I think any one of those schools would be terrific for her. Wishing you all the best to you and your kids!

1 Like

Florida isn’t today though is it? My son is waiting on that one also. . .

UF is 2/24 based on my notes.

correct, it’s like the 3rd Friday in February. Not sure why it’s always so late.

1 Like

Did anyone who applied to Engineering got an email saying that the school will need more time to make a decision?

When was this email sent?

The person who posted didn’t say. I only got an email yesterday or so saying that the decision will be made today. I was just wondering if this was sent to all engineering applicants.

There’s a lot of misinformation prob going around.

My D said she doesn’t care about getting deferred or rejected. She just wants to get the decision today.

2 Likes

I want to see accepted, will try to be ok with rejected but don’t want to get deferred as it creates more anxiety.

2 Likes

portal status updated- accepted

DS accepted computer engineering. In state 1520/4.0, many AP and honors STEM. Good luck to all this afternoon!

4 Likes

in for math in arts & sciences, rejected for cs

1 Like

accepted oos! cs+econ major

Deferred, OOS Data Science+Information Science

rejected for CS major. Gave only first choice. Feeling sad :frowning:

1 Like