University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

Did not know that, thank you!

Dates for Admitted Students Open House have been posted, and registration is open for the on-campus events.

https://admissions.umd.edu/visit/signature-programs/admitted-student-open-house

4 Likes

financial aid portal is saying they still havenā€™t received my fafsa, but fafsa says they sent it out. anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

Yes. We are in-state. Thatā€™s why the Presidentā€™s Scholarship was roughly the amount of in-state tuition.

1 Like

I would like to add to the scholarship discussion.

The following link addresses the 3 merit scholarships available to new freshmen.

https://www.admissions.umd.edu/finance/freshman-merit-scholarships

The Presidents is stated as being from $2,000 to S12,500

About 2 years ago, or so, a parent posted that UMD was a rip-off because his OOS student only got a $2,000 Presidential Scholarship. I am telling this to show that some OOS students get $2,000, some get $12,500, and some get amounts in between. I believe that the same is true for IS students

@DadOfJerseyGirl has pointed out that the UMD CDS says that 962 enrolled students got merit scholarships.

This include 150 B/K recipients, and 400 Deans recipients (per the link above). This leaves 412 enrolled students with Presidential scholarships of varying amounts.

There were a total of 4,742 new freshmen enrolled in 2022, thus 3780 new freshmen did not get scholarships

How many Presidential and Deans scholarships were awarded? I donā€™t know, but the numbers show how it turned out

3 Likes

How do you register for the admitted student open house without the ID and password? Did they send one out?

1 Like

From the page I linked to:

In order to register for an Admitted Student Open House , you will need to activate your Directory ID and set up Multi-Factor Authentication.

Note: you do not need to commit (enroll) to set up this ID and password.

1 Like

I also have this problem, but the portal does list the financial aid year as 2022-2023 instead of 2023-2024. Is this normal?

1 Like

Same here. It seems like the portal has not been updated for Fall 2023, right?

you can use the university ID in your acceptance letter to create an account! just select it from the drop-down menu provided!

3 Likes

My daughter applied EA but hasnā€™t received any update on the portal yet. I see several others on Instagram in the same situation without a EA decision. Any idea what is happening? We have written them an email.

MY daughter hasnā€™tā€™t received anything either. Also for ops merit scholarships was she supposed to submit an additional essay? thought consideration for merit even cos was automatic but now we are rethinking everything.

2 Likes

This typically happens because the admissions office did not receive everything by Nov 1. Examples: LORs or SAT scores. Or maybe a college transcript from a DE course. They should tell you what was missed.

Occasionally, they make a mistake - everything was in fact received in time, but they mistakenly thought it was not. Saw a couple of examples of this last year. They did review and provide a decision for these within a week or so.

1 Like

No additional essay or application required for scholarships. All EA applicants are automatically considered.

2 Likes

Someone on Reddit posted this as the link to the class of 2027 discord server. Itā€™s currently being used for ā€˜26 (and still says c.o.26) but they will transition it.

This is for admitted students - so no enrollment/commitment to UMD is required.

1 Like

Thank you so much! All documents were received well within the due date and the portal reflects the same as well. Will wait to hear back from them.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you DadOfJerseyGirl. Called them to see why we have not received a decision. There was an issue with a letter of recommendation. Admissions person remembered previously working on my daughters file and said she would still be considered EA and that weā€™d receive decision in 7-10 business days.

7 Likes

Great news. Glad you got that sorted out.

1 Like

Call them