University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

I’ve seen one person on here and one on reddit who said they got B/K invites. I wonder if there are any others

1 Like

We knew we wouldn’t get anything either from Fafsa but we still filed it just in case something happens in life esp and with possible recession etc.

My in state D23 received a B/K invitation this weekend. Her stats are 4.0uw, 1560 SAT, and all 5s on her AP exams. We weren’t tuned into B/K at all, so it was a very nice surprise!

10 Likes

Congratulations!!! R u OOS?

1 Like

I know of two.

2 Likes

Has she been accepted to any Ivies?

Did she do a lot of community service?

Lots of 4.0 kids with similar test scores report not receiving an invite.

Congratulations!

She did not apply to any Ivies. We fall in the donut hole of too much income but not enough to pay an $81K/year price tag (and growing). So far she has been accepted to UMich, Delaware and Northeastern, and we are waiting to hear from regular decision schools. She did have a lot of community service and a part time job throughout high school, but her differentiator was her art portfolio, which won some regional and international recognition.

7 Likes

Considering they deferred “90%” (i dont know the exact figure), that NEU acceptance is huge. Congratulations! But this is a UMD THREAD, I digress. Go Terps! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks! It has been great to receive acceptances from those competitive schools, although I will say that the B/K opportunity has caught her attention. At this point I have zero idea where she will ultimately land - and as someone who is generally a big planner, that’s an uncomfortable place for me to be! I can’t wait for her to make that commitment, wherever it will be!

2 Likes

Ok… After 9 days of almost daily emails/calling, this is what my DS gets in the email…

The amazing thing is that Terps portal continues to show application is “complete”.

Good luck to those choosing UMD…

1 Like

We.are in state

1 Like

Same situation. Application status showed complete and on calling they shared that transcript was incomplete. It has been submitted now and they said it will take about 7-10 business days to get a decision.

Deciding between CS at Rutgers arts and science and UMD LAS. Rutgers is in state. Would like to know if anyone chose Rutgers over UMD.

My DS expressed disappointment clearly in the email. He actually wanted to withdraw the application as he already got into GaTech, UMich, Purdue, etc. But there is no option to withdraw the application and we have to write/call them again… tired of doing that for last couple of weeks…

Has anyone heard about Presidential scholarship yet?

2 Likes

It’s too soon.

Ok,Thsnks for your response!

1 Like

Sorry to hear your experiences.

1 Like

Looking at the 2022 UMD merit thread, scholarship notifications (presidential) were provided in February. School’s website says by April 1. Anyone have experience/knowledge of the process?

I think your observation sums it up nicely. UMD has a pretty good track record of doing as they did in the past. You should be able to predict a timeframe from last year’s postings.

1 Like