University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

I applied EA and received the 10x10 book as well. I thought it was because I had shown interest for the University of Miami at a college fair a couple months back by filling out one of those mailing cards.

Yeah, I’m probably overthinking it. Since I’m an adult, I look at the cost of sending such a book to a group you already have in your pocket (prospective applicants). Colleges spend money to recruit applicants (to increase their applicant pool), and they spend money on admitted applicants (to increase their acceptance yield). I’m not sure why they would spend money to send a book to kids that have already applied but haven’t been accepted yet (and most won’t be).

Not only did my son receive the book, he received two copies of it. One with his entire middle name and one with just his middle name initial. Agree that it seemed weird.

I submitted by CSS profile and FAFSA before December 1st, but I submitted my IDOC just last week. I did not know about IDOC until recently. I hope this does not severely hurt my chances for admission.

I received that booklet too. I also screwed up the financial aid aspect. I know I won’t be able to afford um so if I don’t get in that’s fine but I would have just wanted a ton of time and money.

@ arensaini Why do you think a late IDOC would hurt your chance for admission? It is still within the regular decision deadline, plus, it’s for financial aid not admission.

I received same packet. Thought it was a trolling thing to do because it looked like an acceptance

For decisions, I have heard both mid and late January. Anyone have any intel on whether it’s the former or latter?

I also received two copies of the booklet.

From what I’ve been seeing it look like its around January 20th

Hi everyone, I was accepted last year (EA) and they released decisions on Jan 29th. It ultimately depends on the number of applicants, number of readers, and when they want to release it. Typically, if you call the university they will give you an accurate expected release date. In the meanwhile, If you have any questions about Umiami and its admission process please let me know!

-Mike

@JBork2017 yeah it was because it talked about the academics and why send them so close to decision date lol

I just called the office and they said late January

The financial aid process was such a pain. I ended up finishing it like 15 days after the deadline. :frowning:

Same!! We thought for sure it was his acceptance…big thick envelope…said something on the outside about why you should go to UM. And yep…he applied EA…and received two of the books!!

My regional admissions counselor said decisions will be released in mid February for EA applicants :frowning:

@therealdeal23 there is no way that is true. They release early decision 2 applicants in mid february and they say every where that EA applicants hear back by jan 31.

Mid-February?? Maybe they should start calling it “Too late action”!

@finnbd33 she said ed2 would be released at the end of feb

I was shocked as well