University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

@uditjain I really hope I get some too. I would think we would… Im nervouse

When will they send second wave notification of singers scholarship weekend

@Ginger2151 Haha yeah im nervous too. There’s no way I can pay 65000 per year.

I got in, 1480 SAT, 3.8/4.0 GPA . But i don’t see any merit scholarships

Daughter accepted in CT! :-*

@uditjain Maybe we are the second wave of the higher scholarships… haha I am trying to say positive :slight_smile:

So I got the premier scholarship email last week, but under financial aid a presidential merit scholarship is also shown

how much is your presidential merit sccholarship @wannabeBlueDevil

@Harryp17 25k

@wannabeBlueDevil what are your stats? Trying to see if there’s any chance for me to get any scholarships/merit-based awards

same @wannabeBlueDevil . Hopefully, I get invitation in second round

I am confused too that Award letter did not mention anything about Presidential or Cane achievement award.
Just the Coral grant and Starr scholarship. ACT 34, GPA 5.2 weighted 11 APs…

@starberry14 34 ACT, 2270 old SAT, all A’s, and lots of EC’s with leadership

Financial aid letter that was emailed breaks down total cost, what student can pay, what parent can pay and financial aid by award. Daughter got $19k presidential, $28k total. Congrats to all who have heard! My daughter doesn’t even know yet, she’s in the middle of her regional soccer playoffs.:slight_smile:

Hi I’m from buffalo New York and I just got accepted!! I’m so excited! I was wondering if someone could possibly add me to the group me that was started? My username is elyse ponterio!

I got accepted. I just received an email congratulating me on my admittance and also telling me that I need to finish my financial aid because they can’t provide me with a package at this time lol.

Is there a groupme? If not I will start one!!

Was there a minimum ACT score needed to receive a scholarship? I had a 30 ACT, 4.723 weighted GPA, 2 varsity sports, and extracurriculars

waitlisted
-1340/1600 sat
-3.8 unweighted and IB diploma

@Ginger2151 Haha hopefully. Do you have any idea when they’re sending the second wave of premier scholarship invitations? Also did you get an email to check your cane portal. Coz some people here recieved an email but I didnt receive any email from Umiami. (add me to the groupme)