University of Miami Class of 2019 accepted students

And nothing happens

@spldnlvr‌ try deleting browser cache/cookies maybe and login again. The Apllication Status link can be found under Main Menu > Self Service > Student Admission. If still nothing I would call UM Admission Office on Monday. But if at some point you did see your Status as complete, then just keep checking the Communication Box for that 4th message link.

@Shoot4DStars Checked that way, and app is complete. Still only 3 communications. I’ll just have to be extra patient I guess! thanks for the help :slight_smile:

I call last Thursday, and they said that all decisions would be released within a week

I got my decision! Waitlisted for fall quarter, accepted into spring. Not so much what I wanted but still not a rejection. I suggest everyone check cane link again. I didn’t get any emails.

UGH still only 3 communications… I’m so impatient so this is truly torture for me :frowning:

I got waitlisted. How does that exactly work?

Got waitlisted, but accepted for Spring 2016. What does it mean?

@CrouchnCupcake‌ it means you were waitlisted for Fall 2015 and accepted for Spring 2016?

@Imbencope‌ they’re giving me an option to either accept the spring admission and stay on the wait list, or just stay on the waitlist and possibly lose my spot. What should I do?

A couple of you asked about wait lists. If you are on a wait list, it means that Miami has accepted enough students to fill out their freshman class. However, if enough students that they accepted choose not to attend and go to a different college, then you might be offered a spot in the class. You will not find this out until after May 1, so you will have already deposited at another college. If you are offered a spot at Miami and decide to go, you would forfeit your deposit at the other college. Note that a very small percentage of students get in off a wait list. I imagine that if Miami has wait list spots open up they would offer them first to the most qualified students who just missed being accepted.

If you are accepted for Spring 2016 that means that if you are willing to wait until the second semester to enroll at Miami, then you are in. If you are also on the Fall wait list, it means that while you are definitely in for the second semester, there is the slim chance discussed above that you could be accepted to start in the Fall. My daughter is in this situation. Note that her letter pointed out that students accepted off the wait list typically get little to no financial aid, so if you get in off the wait list expect to pay close to full price.

Hello all! Congratulations on getting into the University of Miami!! It is really one of my top colleges, but so far, I havent heard anything from them. I didn’t think it was a problem at first mostly because on their website it says decision come out in Mid-April, but now I’m kinda panicky because pple have already gotten in! Is there a sort of criteria for it, as in depending on hoe early you applied? Also I’m international so maybe that’s it?

Anyone get any financial aid info? It was rumored to come out today and my adcom confirmed it. I can’t seem to find anything, let me know if yall do!!

I got in for Psychology, and got the email today Stats: Los Angeles, CA 3.8 UW 9 APS 29 ACT (30 Superscore)

Accepted for Business:
UWGPA: 3.41
WGPA: 3.54
ACT: 30

I called the financial aid office today and the woman I spoke to said that it comes out 3/25/15 but she did not know the specific time.

Got my financial aid package this evening. Is going to be a stretch. No real financial aid beyond federal, work study and Bright Futures. They are counting the Presidential Scholarship as financial aid but I thought that was merit. Was hoping for a little more true aid.

Does it help to apply without any need of financial aid?

Received 28,000 financial aid per year, no scholarship, florida bright futures, and florida prepaid

Congrats to all future hurricanes. My son got accepted into UM HPME program. We are all excited. However he needs to [ have at least 3.7 AND should not get any single course grades less than “B”] in order to retain his HPME seats. Else he loses the spot. The price tag is HUGE, that is about $144K for 4 years after deducting the ($26K x 4 = $104K) President scholarship. As a parent I want to make sure our $144K is well spent. So curious whether any one could throw some light to our below questions

(1) Any science/math majors in UM that holds the title as Hardest/Harder or Easiest/Easier.

(2) Getting 3.7. Harder? Achievable? Easier?. Most likely no one can answer this question since it really depends on the student, subjects, teacher & competition.
(3) Is UM known for Grade Deflation OR Inflation?
(4) How is the grade distribution in UM.
For example: Top 25% gets A, Next 40% gets B, Other 30% C, 5% D
OR Top 10% gets A, Next 60% gets B, Other 25% C, 5% D
OR …