University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Look I just want to fall asleep and not wake up until I get my decision honestly lolol

My D got the email a few days ago that she is invited to the Scholarship weekend Mar 20. She is OOS, SAT 2240

Long trip for us to get to MIA for a weekend but hopefully worth it

@GRCinNH‌ Do you know which scholarship she was invited to? I applied to the Ronald A Hammond Scholarship program, and I haven’t gotten an email saying if i’ve been invited or not for an interview. I know there is a Singer Scholarship too

Just a thought - the “scheduled maintenance” might just be so that current UM students aren’t all on CaneLink when decisions are posted (if they’re posted this weekend?)… But my CaneLink is completely down right now. Hopefully something is coming soon!

My cane link is up

@Mfrias btw don’t worry or fret too much about it! I’m sure it must really suck to get that implication from admissions :confused: Just wait until you really find out your decision but my cousin got accepted for Spring and waitlisted for Fall when he applied, and he has way worse stats - your stats are great and you have a really good chance so don’t be down about it! :slight_smile:

@kelli2 What do you mean?

@gchick143‌ did he apply rd or ea

I know someone who works in the admissions office. If you don’t have a green dot your decision has been made its either an admission or rejection. Most likely you got in. Those with the green dot you are on the edge. It’s mostly a deferral or wait list. The person said the decisions should be out Friday after 3pm. They do it on friday so they don’t get flooded with phone calls people have the weekend to cool off.

@GeorgiaPeach1996‌ when did you receive this information.

@GeorgiaPeach1996‌ So if i dont have ridiculously bad stats, I can assume I got in? I have no green do. If this is another BS story, I will flip a desk

No @GeorgiaPeach1996 the green dot doesn’t mean anything so stop lying and stop trying to scare everyone that has the green dot. Grow up and get off this thread.

I agree– I don’t think the green dot thing is anything to worry about.
And my CaneLink is working now (in response to my comment above)

@theblenderer‌ I honestly think that the dot has something to do with the decision. When I asked about the green dot to my regional counselor, he kind of just stumbled on his words. And he said that admission decisions weren’t posted yet, when I didn’t ask about it. So they might be hiding something!

I really dont think the green dot has anything to do with decisions. They wouldnt make it obvious like that…

Is there anyone with above average scores that has the green dot?

@monkeyflipflop96‌ my friend does!

@Mfrias Regular decision

Do you know what they are by any chance? @Paniniman‌

There’s so much more that goes into a decision than test scores – I feel like it’s really hard to decode what the dot means (if it is related to admissions) based on scores. Who knows…