University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

You cant get waitlisted in EA right? just denied, deferred, or accepted?

My friend got a 2050 on the SAT and got deferred for ED to UM.
Yeah.
Lol.

(I think she messed up grade-wise freshman and sophomore year…and her EC’s aren’t that good.)

But since the green dot is pertaining to an open application like we think, then it would make sense that it’s for people on the fence because Miami can only let so many people in early action so they’re trying to fill the final spots

I’m not trying to freak anyone out I’m just as confused as everyone else and am trying to figure this out

The green dot means the application is complete. It literally says it above the green dot, like a key for what the dot means. We need to stop over thinking it. Not everyone has the green dot because the system is new and theyre still trying to figure everything out. It seems like those without the green dot are trying to figure out what it means. If you have a green dot, it means what it says right above the green dot. Stop over thinking lol

Okay everyone with a green dot check if you have anything under your to do list. I noticed that some people with the green dot have outstanding financial aid documents that still need to be sent and those without a green dot don’t have anything under their to do list. Maybe that’s what it’s correlated to. Let me know!!

Haha I was reading the forum from 2018 and i found literally NOTHING about a green dot hahaha this is so funny.

@spldnlvr Well said.

@monkeyflipflop96‌ 2090! but he has a lower gpa than me

However, they DID reach page 50 before someone got a decision haha

I have a green dot and a financial aid to do do list of taxes and w-2 forms… Maybe this is why when I asked her about the dot she started talking about financial aid forms… And i was like NOOO not that lol

@spldnlvr‌ then why dont I have a green dot, when I have everything complete? It just says application complete for me, no greet dot

Watch, next year it’ll be a red dot and those poor kids will really go off the deep end.

@Paniniman I think it’s because the CaneLink system is fairly new (well, that’s what someone else said a few pages back - I guess they talked to an admissions counselor) and so not every account has that section with the dot/status directly on the Student Center page.

@swimchic10‌ I would like to believe that, but its not making sense to me, why some applicants have different canelink views?

But I don’t have a green dot and I still have 4 things under my to do list… So I don’t think that’s it

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while and found the green dot posts entertaining but it is getting old fast… Look… The green dot does not have any correlation with acceptance/rejection/defferal. I have a green dot and I have 97/100 gpa and almost perfect SAT of 2320 800/760/760. I have already been accepted to GA tech and Cornell. Green dot is a bunch of hog wash.

guys it’s just a dot relax

To those asking if the green dot has to do with outstanding payments - no it doesnt. Everythings paid for me and Im not asking for any scholarships or financial aid so it shouldnt have to do with that. Look, I bet some people with the dot will get in and some with the dot wont. Likewise, i think some without the dot will get in and I think some without the dot wont get in.

@Paniniman I don’t know for sure…and it doesn’t really make sense to me either. I’m just going off of what somebody said earlier. I’m not sure what to believe anymore hahaha

@garypdaco‌ damn nice stats! But you just bucked the trend -.-