University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

omg thats not faaaaairrrr

everyone needs to settle down, you’re all way too obsessed with the green dot which has no significance and waiting a few days will not kill you.

^^ your username ROFL

this is the only thread I’ve read on this website and i made the account so I could respond to this specifically

I can tell hahahaha

This is so stupid, this dot has no significance, stop reading into it. We will all find out in a week or two anyway, so have some patience.

well said

anyone elses canelink down?

Mines fine

I dont understand why there would be a dot in the first place

@spldnlvr‌ mine is down as well!

:slight_smile:

:wink:

Anybody applied for architecture and is an international student?

Better now?

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1738850-the-mystery-of-the-wierd-a-green-dot.html?new=1 :smiley:

I did engineering

My daughter is a sophomore at the U. When she found out two years ago it was the first Friday in Feb and it was about 5 PM. There was no email, she just keep checking her Cane Link. She was at the mall with her best friend who had also applied and her friend’s acceptance showed up a few minutes sooner, they were not released at exactly the same time. Not sure if things are different this year but that’s how it was then. Good luck to you all, my D is SO happy there. If any parents have questions feel free to pm me.

@collegemomjam‌ we are from NJ also. Saw a post on BC’s page from you…D1 is there. This is reminding me a bit of her waiting for her decision 2 years ago. There was a computer glitch where only some deferrals were released ahead of time which left the BC admission office fielding tons of calls from anxious kids and parents. Flurry of activity on CC. We were cross checking portals like mad. BC Admissions was posting vague explanations on their Facebook page. It was added stress heaped on the kids. We on the outside don’t know what goes on between the Adcoms and the IT depts. at these schools and sometimes perhaps they don’t even know between themselves. Dots/no dots, who knows? At any rate the decisions will be out in a short time-keep calm and carry on!

Agreed! For the reasons you stated, we are quite calm here and know we will know soon enough! I just feel badly for the students that are so anxious to hear and have worked so hard and understand in some ways that it is hard to focus on anything else! My daughter is actually the one who told me Friday and she is ok with the waiting! I do think there is some significance to the dot thing, it just may not be tied to a decision, necessarily. It will be interesting to see if we can make a connection to the greendots once decisions come out. Sounds like there will be some greendotters that get in and some that don’t, and vice versa! In the case of BC, as you know, the portal changes came about for those that were accepted and not for the deferrals and rejections. I think UM’s “changes” are different though. Congrats to your D1 at BC!

Hello, I’m an international student and sent in my application way back in October. Under “To Do List,” where it says “Status” it changed from “complete” to “initiated” within the last day or so… Does it say “initiated” for all of you guys? Any idea on what this means?