University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

I live about an hour north of UM and apparently some decisions were actually released yesterday but a vast majority were not. They are supposed to come out in waves with a majority coming out tomorrow evening.

We live 10 minutes from UM. No decision yet.

My canelink was down yesterday but now that it is back up still nothing new. Still says application complete, not initiated. And I still have that stupid green dot.

@etroxxx‌ does it say initiated when you click on “more” in the “to do list” box? Because that’s where mine says initiated

ohhhhh! the only things in my communication center are financial aid applications and they all say “initiated” but i am not applying for financial aid

Does anyone know when we hear back?!

@mrnewman21‌ all we know right now is soon. admissions has been giving different dates to everyone, and apparently some people have already gotten their decisions

I’m assuming today or tommoroe. But realistically tommoriw afternoon early evening

I was reading through last years thread 2014 and … someone says … "Hopefully we will get decisions by the time Cane Link goes down on Sat for Maintenance … then that Friday someone post "decisions are out … so they posted canlink maintenance last year too and decisions where out the day before.

@nickhart yeah they have maintence annually at this time to make sure their servers are ready for the influx of users

Do we hear by mail or email? And is there still a possibility of getting a scholarship?

I just emailed my admissions counselor regarding financial aid applications and got an automatic response saying she is in an admissions committee and will get back to me as soon as possible, and if I am asking about my decision to wait patiently. So as of right now they are still reviewing applications.

Will merit scholarships be posted with the admissions decisions?

@mrnewman21 there probably will be emails and letters sent out, but the fastest way to know is to look on your canelink account.

@brixx21 from what I have heard, yes

Just checked my D’s account and there are no “initiated” messages, but she didn’t apply for financial aid so that may be the difference there. The rest looks pretty much status quo, and still no dots.

@brixx21 they actually have a scholarship weekend, so what you’ll get with your decision if admitted and eligible for a scholarship is an invitation to interview for one. my admissions counselor said anyone who is invited with receive at least 8,000, but it goes up to a full ride.

*will not with

and she said typically, so that doesn’t mean everyone who interviews gets one but that is what usually happens.

Some scholarships are automatic and don’t require an interview or attendance at the scholarship weekend. I think those are Stamps/Singer only, or mostly.

Where can I find the “to do list” on Canelink?