University of Miami Class of 2020 Decisions

@deacons12 It’s probably late January. My ED notification arrived on the 18th of December, which was later than the ED notifications that my friends received from different universities by a few days. I wouldn’t expect EA until at least a few days after the 15th of January. Try not to stress/worry, but I know that it’s difficult. I lost quite a bit of sleep in the days leading up to my decision. I can do my best to chance you, but it doesn’t really matter. If anyone has questions about the marine science program, send me a message and I’ll do my best to answer it.

I’m glad I found this thread, because I have some questions that I hope someone out there has some answers to. Yesterday I got an email from the U saying that I’d been named a finalist for the Stamps Leadership Scholarship, the Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship, and the Marta S. and L. Austin Weeks Endowed Scholarship, and that I’ve been invited to come to one of two scholarship weekends and go through a series of interviews for further consideration. While I’m humbled and thrilled to have been noticed by the admissions committee like this, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how likely I am to actually receive any of those scholarships should I fly down for the interviews. How many students are named finalists? What percentage of the finalists are awarded one of those 3 scholarships? Of those, how many get the full-ride Stamps Leadership Scholarship? As much as I like Miami, I’m not sure it’d be worth paying for airfare if I only have a .00001% chance at being awarded one of those scholarships. Thanks for any insight you’re able to provide!

Has anyone who applied EA been notified of an acceptance yet?

I applied EA and just got that scholarship invitation, which I assume means I’ve been accepted, which I assume means they have made most of their EA decisions, which I assume means you and other people who applied EA should find out soon. (Note how many assumptions I had to make there though.)

Thank you, curious how were you notified of your invitation, email, online portal or regular mail?

@karstu by email

nas anyone heard anything yet?

@huziorm you’re getting in!!

The website says that Regular Decisions are release on April 15 but this seems quite late compared to all the other universities I’ve applied to. Does anyone know if decisions may be released sooner? I haven’t been able to find any past threads on this. Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in so far!

@filatino They’ll be out in late March

My sons EA application was deferred to regular decision. We had the green dot which was discussed a lot last year but now it is gone. The green dot was located in the application is complete area. . Do I dare bring this up again from last year? Would it mean that he is denied? Any thoughts?

@mscl516 same with mine

@Hero45 @mscl516 Hey guys, I applied EA and got deferred to regular decision. My green dot is still there, but I’m waiting for my final decision. I don’t think that means you’re denied. Keep your hopes up!

Mine just reappeared today

Yup so did ours.

What day does the regular decision notifications come out?

@drferrante Sometime in the next two weeks

I heard from someone close to admissions person that it will be next week but no exact date…

@Juno1956 Thursday maybe? Don’t think they’d release decisions on Good Friday.

Got no date…just told next week definitively…