University of Miami Class of 2020 Decisions

Accepted with President’s Scholarship!

I got an email saying my decision was ready.
I’m int’l and I’m freaking out.
Email = rejection???

@Oddenigma I am also an international, got accepted with President’s Scholarship!

What is this fed ex email thing? Everyone accepted gets one?

@imansoor14 did you get the email?
Too scared to view/download.

@Oddenigma yes, I got an email saying i got accepted and it also asked me to check my account.

Any parents have experience appealing merit scholarships?

There is no update on scholarship or financial aid for me.
Any other international students with the same?

Still haven’t seen anything anyone know why?

Rejected

ACT 31
GPA 3.2w (3.8w senior first semester)
3 5s on AP, 5 more APs in progress
2 SAT subject tests 610 & 800

@mikanpater Sorry to see someone with your credentials get rejected. Good luck with your other schools, I am sure you will land in a good place

Deferred EA-> Accepted RD College of Arts and Sciences, Biology Major

SAT: 1870 at time of EA, but 1930 after (620R 680M 630W)
ACT: submitted after EA results, 30C (32G 31M 28R 27S)
SAT 2 Bio E-720

Unweighted gpa: 3.1 (it’s trash, but I’ve had a super upwards grade trend since junior year)
Weighted gpa; 4.5
class rank: top 7%

Senior course load: 7 AP’s, 2 honors; averaged a 3.5 unweighted and 5.5 fall semester, class rank flew up 15 spots

EC’s : pres and founder of environmental service project, VP and co founder of tech club, rep for keyclub, 588 service hours, few awards

Accepted to: UMinnesota, FSU, UCF, USF, FIU
Rejected from: JHU(lol), BC, GAtech, UF(didnt receive my new scores)
Awaiting: Vandy(lets pray), Emory, NYU, baylor, Fordham

Where did you guys hear your merit decisions? My financial aid page says inquiry access denied. Anyone help. I’m freaking out

Joniman- My daughter had that and once they were done with your file they will give you access. Make sure you have no outstanding items on to do list so they can finish the file.

Got in yesterday with a $14k scholarship! Stats:

-GPA: 3.8 unweighted
-SATS: 2120- 640 M, 750 CR, 730 W
-subject tests: 700 US history, 690 literature
-course rigor: AP Bio (4), APUSH (4), currently taking AP Calc AB, AP Latin and AP english lit along with honors physics and honors philosophy
-major awards: William & Mary leadership award, Cum Laude on the National Latin Exam
-ECs: varsity soccer (captain), varsity volleyball, varsity cross country, feminist club, earth committee, friends council, member of schoolwide mentoring program, vice president of student senate
-Strong rec letters, strong essay

Happy to be accepted :slight_smile:

@heyitspb Congratulations on your acceptance!
I was wondering did you receive information about the scholarship through mail or through the Canelink ?

I was waitlisted. Do you think its worth is to stay on? I am deciding between here and College of Charleston Honors College

Hey Guys! I was accepted with a scholarship, majoring in Motion Pictures.

Waitlisted

• GPA: 3.0 UW / 4.0 W
  • ACT: 32 Composite (with 35 Math)
  • SAT II Subject Tests: 800 Math I, 800 Math II
  • 14 APs in total (1 freshman year, 3 sophomore year, 5 junior year, 5 senior year)
  • Math and Computer Science-related ECs; went to competitions, helped the homeless, tutoring, etc.
  • Solid essay and good recommendations
    Applied for Software Engineering (but am thinking about ECE and business), have legacy and am female and in-state. I really hope I get in!

@Clt2909 thanks! and i got an email right when i got accepted