University of Miami Class of 2020 Decisions

Hey guys did UM release decisions yet? I haven’t gotten any emails and I can’t log into my cane Id anymore. I’m freaking out I’m 120% sure they received everything they needed

They did. I’m pretty sure I got an email stating my acceptance but I know for a fact my financial aid email followed closely. This was all Monday, I just received my acceptance package today (I live in NY).

Did any international student get information about their Financial aid award or scholarship?

@Awais97 I’m an international student too and there is no information about scholarship for me as well :frowning:

I got in with a President’s merit scholarship!! (19k/year)

SAT I: 1950 (600R 730M 620W)
SAT II: MathII 720 - Physics 690

Unweighted gpa: 8.5/10 (probably a 3.75 converted)
Class rank: top 10%

Major: Computer Science
International: yes
Applied for financial aid: yes

Accepted to: only UMiami so far
Waitlisted by: UC Berkeley (let’s pray, one of my dream schools)
Rejected from: GAtech, Stanford(lol), Duke(lol), UCLA
Awaiting: Cornell, NYU, USC

Still not getting any update on financial aid.
Has anyone heard anything?

@Awais97 I got an email from financial office a week ago stating my financial aid package.
However, I got another one 3 days ago which asked for missing documents, as they were not able to calculate my estimated aid package. :confused: So I’m pretty confused right now

That’s strange!
What documents did they require though?

guys i havent got a financial aid package as well, im getting tensed now. It says inquiry access denied

Congratulations to all those accepted! If you going to attend the U and your parents want to meet other U parents, please tell them to find “Cool Parents Group (University of Miami)” on Facebook. We are a group of fun UM parents who share information and concerns. Experienced UM parents are willing to help incoming freshman parents with all kinds of details. It’s a closed group that is NOT affiliated with the university. It’s been a great resource for UM parents all over the world.

does anyone know what the acceptance rate was this year?

Hi @LINYMOM thanks for the info. I’ve put in a request to join the group, and it’s been about two or more weeks and no one has let me join. My daughter and I have so many questions after attending cane admitted day last week and I would love to be let in. Thanks

@netter11 The parent group tries to ensure that there is indeed some connection to UM. If you want, message me your name and I will let the admins know there is a connection. Also, feel free to message me any questions. :slight_smile:

I would like to join the parent group as well. My son will be a freshman in RSMAS majoring in Marine Science and Computer Science with a minor in Business in the fall. Need a support group as he will be our last to leave and the only one to go far away.

@umsigmadom - message me your Facebook name and we can get you added to the parent group.

Will do. Thanks!

Sorry I haven’t come back till now. Are you in yet? I think you both are as I know there is a new RSMAS parent there and a couple of others! @netter11 @umsigmadom

I’m in! Thank you!!

oh I will check @LINYMOM thanks so much!

When’s the latest time submit the deposit? it it April 30 at 11:59 pm or May 1st at 11:59 pm?

I ask this not because I WANT to submit last minute, rather because my parents are still working out the financial aid and they NEED as much time as possible to figure things out.

Thank you so much in advance,
Welcometomylife