University of Miami class of 2022

I’m sorry, I was referring to the person with a 36 ACT and 4.0.

This decision cannot come out soon enough. “Late December” is incredibly vague. The suspense is killing me. Cmon UM, December 15 like the rest of the world please!!!

I find Miami frustrating - especially Frost

The website is not well planned out, has many incomplete areas, and often leads to dead ends.
They are slow to pass along information. Most schools are so much better at the pre-game

my feelings exactly @Geo0814f

december 15th around 5-7 o clock you should check the cane link

@ktjkl1 what makes you say that? Do you have information from admissions office telling you that date?- just wondering

my friend who goes to the U had the same information last year. They were told late december and found out the 15th at that time and it’s been the 15th the past few years. 15th is a friday this year too so I don’t think they would wait longer to tell us on a weekend. And they found out around 5-7 o clock. The 15th isn’t definite but it seems pretty reliable

Finally heard from Frost - passed the pre-screen. His audition is set for Feb 16 MADE/CAM

how much do you guys think applying ED increases your admission chances?

Is this for ed or ea?

Do you think that since my parent was in iron arrow, it will increase my chances? Iron arrow is the highest honor you can get at UM…

“how much do you guys think applying ED increases your admission chances?”

In my view, a lot! The school gets a ton of EA applications as there is no essay, no SATs (for internationals) and it is a popular safety school for people applying to other Southern privates, ACC flagships, other schools with strong combinations of academics and campus life (BC, Georgetown, ND, Northwestern) so I would view ED as a big advantage. Also, given the large (but discretionary) merit scholarships, many parents would prefer an EA application to see how much merit UM will give first.

I spoke to a UM admission representative for my area in September and he said that 1/4 of the freshman class is filled with ED applicants. They usually accept a little over 2,000 freshman which means that around 500 people are accepted within the ED applicant pool. With a total of around 30,000 applicants total for only 2,000 spots applying early greatly increases your chances. Early action also increases your chances! I applied ED and I am hoping for good news soon :slight_smile: good luck everyone

Almost 5 more days. God I just want to get accepted

Can anyone tell me my chances of getting in?
I applied ED and I have (roughly) a 3.5 GPA UW and a 31 ACT (32 superscore). I am a legacy, and a white female from NY.

Im taking AP US Government and Politics and AP Biology currently and I took AP Computer Science principles my junior year. Ive only taken 3 APs my whole high school career, but I took physics, human anatomy/physiology, and AP comp sci in one year.

Ive been on the volleyball and tennis team since freshman year and varsity volleyball for 2 years. I have been teaching tennis to adults and children ranging from age 3-15 for 3 years , i have helped a local elementary school with their science fair for the last 2 years. I went to key largo to do coral restoration and i am still spreading awareness about the coral reefs. I am also a photographer that does portraiture/event photography.

Please let me know because its my top school and i am hoping that I get in!

“They usually accept a little over 2,000 freshman which means that around 500 people are accepted within the ED applicant pool.” That is actually incorrect. While 2,000 ENROL, UM admits c. 12,200 due to the majority of admitted students enrolling elsewhere. Still, it is better to apply ED/EA particularly now as the school is trying hard to improve its academics plus having a top 10 football team never hurts! Good luck.

An admission director has said that ED decisions will be released this friday evening

Really? I thought that the admission reps usually just defer to the default “Late December” date whenever someone asks them to be more specific. May I ask where you found this info?

My college councilor for my school asked the representative for my area, and he told her Friday evening.

Ahh I’m so nervous! Friday can’t come soon enough