University of Miami Class of 2023

Hi lets talk stats and what you applied for then if you got in!

UMiami is a total reach for me i’m aware lol. I applied EA and have 9 honors/AP courses by the time I graduate. I am applying for the political science major.

SAT: 1230 (630 english, 600 math)
GPA UW: 3.6 W: 5.85 (7 pt scale)

From a very competitive public HS in NJ, and through previous trends at my school it looks like the most probable outcome is a waitlist.

EC:
VP of environmental club
Chair of local community service organization
500+ community service hours
work 16 hours a week as a front of house manager at a local diner
Spanish Honor Society
Social Studies Honor Society
Varsity Ethics Team
Debate Team
Junior year I had a marketing internship for a local event

Awards:

National- ACLU Summer Institute representative (grade 12)

AP Scores:

APUSH (5), Psych (4), US Gov (in progress)

My D is in the top ten percent of her class. Her SAT is low at a 1300. A’s in AP classes. Her EC is stellar. Is Miami purely STATs and could she receive any scholarship money ?

@donna no, that’s the great thing about UM. They like to see their applicants are good all around, not only in school but outside of school as well. I’ve known they have some issues with kids who are great students, but not as good as taking exams and that’s why they have low scores on the SAT/ACT. UM has scholarships & if she qualifies, financial aid is also really good. It all comes down to her GPA. I believe their freshman scholarships are often awarded to kids with an 3.5+ unweighted GPA. I wish you and your kids the best of luck!

@UMspringT thank you her GPA is a 5.1

I think she should definitely be accepted and she will also get a scholarship of some kind, I recommend her applying to outside scholarships too. There’s no such a thing as too much money hahaha

I have a unweighted gpa of 3.676 and weighted of 4.686. My SAT is low though like 1200. I’ve been in activities all throughout high school. My classes were always honors and I’m taking 2 AP this year. Do I have a chance?

Hi! I have a 3.68 Weighted GPA and a 31 Superscore on the act and a 30 regular ive also taken 3 AP courses. Do you think I will be accepted?

Hi! I applied ED to UM. I have a 1460 SAT, a 3.95 weighted GPA, and I have many ECs such as varsity cheerleading, spanish club, FBLA, and Girl Scouts. I have taken 3 AP exams earning a 5 (AP World History) and 2 4’s (AP Chemistry and AP US History). I am taking 4 AP classes this year (AP Spanish, AP Physics 1, AP Comparative Gov, and AP Macroeconomics).

Hi everyone! I applied EA. My school does not use GPA but if I convert it I think it would be around a 3.7 ish uw and w idk but I was in the IB program for a year. Also, I didn’t send test scores because I’m an international student… Good luck to everyone!!

For international students, UM requires you to send your school transcript to a company in Miami who will convert your grades into GPA and do a course evaluation.

I applied ED…
-Weighted GPA: 3.8
-ACT: 32
-Lowest level class taken was honors, and mostly took AP/“High Honors” classes.
-2 sports (1 varsity), exec position on a prestigious charity board, lots of other extracurriculars too
so so nervous to hear back… can’t wait to get an answer

Applied EA
GPA: 3.7 UW 4.4 W
ACT: 31
I’ve taken all honors and will graduate w 12 APs
ECs: Mock Trial President (4 years), internship w defense attorney (2 years), environmental club (4 years) , red cross club (4 years), feminist club (2 years), Lacrosse Captain (4 years), I also play the piano, but not for my school
Fingers crossed I get in and hopefully a lot of financial aid!

My D applied EA
GPA: 4.0 (5.26 W)
ACT: 33 (Not Super score)
SAT: 1410 (Not Super Score)
Not very many AP classes as we are from rural TX (She took all the school offered)
Typical EC’s Band, UIL State Qualifier (Texas thing), NHS, NSHS, Interact, volunteer work and few more (Typical for Rural TX)
Does she have a chance at the U?
Thank you

I applied ED with a 3.4 UW/4.4W, 1210 Sat & 400+ hours. Do i have at least a chance of getting admitted with legacy status?

Sup y’all!

Applying EA to Miami Business OOS

UW: 3.75
Weighted: 5.5 (out of 6)
SAT: 1550 (770 R, 780 M)
SAT II: Math I (760), Math II (800), Lit (770)
APs: Gov (5), WHAP (5), English Lang (5), Psych (5), Calc AB Subscore (5), Calc BC (4), APUSH (4), Spanish Lang (3), Comp Sci (3), Physics (2) (6 more this year)

AP Scholar w/ Distinction, NMSQT Commended

ECs: FBLA (9-12) (President): Three 1st-place regional finishes, four Top-5 state finishes, one 4th place Nationals
Varsity Tennis (9-12)
It’s Academic (9-12)
Math & Spanish Honor Societies (11-12)
…and some more that don’t really do anything for my app, no volunteering tho :frowning:

Interested in when the U releases their EA decisions and how much financial aid they like to award…thanks, and good luck everyone!

@jdecker9 u should have 0 issues. should get $$ too

@BigHerms That’s awesome, thanks man—do you know when they announced their EA results last year?

@jdecker9 I have been trying to find out also. The U is my daughters #1 pick. Of course her scores aren’t as prestigious as yours. But she has been accepted to every school she has applied to with scholarships.

@jdecker9 @BigHerms I stalked last year’s EA thread, and it came out on 2/1.