University of Miami Class of 2024

Do you mind me asking your stats?

Okay so now I know what heā€™s talking about. I got 15k per year in merit aid but and was unable to see my financial aid package, because i have some things I need to submit. Iā€™m expected to get somewhere around 40k in aid, and I qualify for the pell grant. Hopefully Miami is generous with the carol grant as well.

It comes with your acceptance letter, merit based letter, and financial aid letter(it will let you know your aid package if you completed it by then).

Just got an email from UM saying you can change from EA to EDII no later than Jan 1.

Me too. I am not sure of what to doā€¦ itā€™s one of my top options for sure but idk if Iā€™m ready to give up my other choices. I am scared Iā€™ll regret not doing it, though, if I get rejected as EA. Does the acceptance rate increase a lot as ED?

Just keep in mind it is binding so if your acceptance is contingent on merit $$$ and you donā€™t get it, you will have a problem on your hands. My son most likely wonā€™t get in to UM so we have decided to change another application to ED2ā€¦Iā€™ve heard the % goes up, but not as much as if you had applied as ED1. Good luck!!

I called the financial aid department, they were really not cooperative. The woman said that the chances are high that you hear about aid after the the 6th so youll have to take your chances.

The email we received basically said the same thing as follows:ā€¦ Note: EDII is a binding admission option. Therefore, you should not submit an EDII application if your enrollment is contingent upon receiving a merit scholarship or if you and your family want to compare financial aid packages.

yes but thatā€™s so unfair. I get the merit scholarship part but how can we submit the fee when we donā€™t know about our financial aid?

John245 I totally agreeā€¦but with ED you take what you getā€¦even if you donā€™t get enough $$. Even if f you find out how much you get at the same time you find out youā€™ve been accepted you still have to acceptā€¦itā€™s sort of smarmy if you ask meā€¦So you have to know your $$ thresholdā€¦School costs are out of controlā€¦itā€™s really ridiculous actually!!

anyone notice under student centerā€¦go to demographicsā€¦i now have a student id #

@Luckyjade2024 I just checked my sonā€™s cane link and he has student# id also, I have goose bumps now!

Searching around the cane link account, there is also a link for financial aid 2021+ but it wonā€™t connect!
(MainMenu-SelfService-CampusFinances-ViewFinancialAid)

Anyone know when EA decisions are set to be released?

Late January, early February.

i think its a good sign. because that id was never there before ā€¦and i notice it on Fairfield and just got in, and noticed case westerm (coming soon)

For those of you with the newly added student ID, can you say if you are already admitted or still awaiting a decision and EA, ED2 or RD? Thanks!

Applied EA mid-October. Portal shows ID number under demographic information. Also after clicking on Main Menu, UM Student Home, there is a ā€œView your UM IDā€ under Personal Information. This ID number is different that the one under demographic info. Have no idea if these numbers have been there from the beginning or are just showing up today? Does everyone have these on their portals now or just some people?

waitingā€¦EA

after searching aroundā€¦it looks like the UM id beginning with a C ā€¦is the student id . that each student is assigned

Just a quick comment on housing. My DD is in a Stanford double as a freshman and housing is $8380 for the year this year. A double in the brand new Lakeside dorm next year is $11950. This not double. It is a large 43% hike, but it is not double. It is a $3570 increase next year for the year or $1785 increase for each semester.

Housing will double if your student selects a single or apartment living in the new dorm for sophomore year though.

Alternatively, your sophomore could apply to live in Eaton during sophomore year and keep their housing bill basically flat at $8900 for next year, only a $520 increase for the year.