University of Miami Class of 2024

I notice two IDs as well. One on the main screen on left “View your UM ID” and one under demographics starting with “c”. Just curious if all EA applcants see both of those IDs or only few?

@SKB418 D applied EA and has both the student ID that starts with a C and the different ID number under demographics. I don’t think this means anything, likely they were assigned when the application was processed and the cane link account was set up

@skb418 I’m curious , not sure if they have always been there…and I never noticed?

I am not sure as I did not check until I saw messages here.

I will check, but my son did Summer Scholars and has had a Canelink since last year. Called the office, and they said they are releasing EA decisions in January, in hopes that the folks who aren’t as interested and have heard from all of their ED or restricted EA schools will already pull the applications. That’s their reasoning for a late EA release. I hope it wasn’t a bad strategic move to do EA instead of ED! When my son was down there this summer, admissions assured us that they treated EA and ED the same in terms of interest, and that ED did not give you a leg up compared to EA in terms of admissions. This is not a reach for my son, and his friends with lower grades and scores did get in for ED. I am hoping for merit money, that’s why he didn’t do ED.

Has anyone recieved financial aid??

I have not. I called today and they said they would be sending them out through March which is terrible considering we have to decide January 6th

I know this school has a great reputation and I know my son won’t get in based on the credentials of those who did get in which are fabulous, but my gut tells me something is off with this school…We have options and he applied just to see if he could get in knowing the chances were slim and knowing that unless he got a ton of money he wouldn’t be going anyway. LOL The email that went out stating you have time to switch to ED2, the housing situation, the financial aid info above…it just doesn’t feel right to me…just sends out all kinds of warning bells…I saw someone get $12K in merit money…that is almost laughable given how much the school costs…

My DD was just checking for a Student ID and saw that she had a message. When she opened the message center a letter appeared that said she is a finalist for a Premier Scholarship. She did not get any sort of email, so if it wasn’t for this forum mentioning Student IDs she would not have logged in to Canelink just now. If your child applied EA or ED you might want to have them check. The message said it was sent today at 2:00.

My daughter received the message about Premier Scholarship as well. Wonder how many they are asking to do this? It is a serious essay to write and if they don’t do it (not that she wouldn’t do it) they would be declined. Fishing too to see if some are serious or not.

@FoxRuiz Count one more… My daughter was also invited. Very exciting news, but why do they do these? Is it because they know the kiddos are finishing up and putting RD applications to other schools? So should daughter take time to write a good essay or does she try to do it soon to demonstrate Interest?
She have a EA acceptance to another school but this UM premier scholarship is a game changer.
She had also gotten the email asking if wanted to switch to ED2, she did not because of financial reasons.

@Broadway24601 My daughter received a text telling her that there was a message and to go check CaneLink. Cannot remember if you needed to sign in or accept to receive messages from the school.

Are they trying to recruit more girls?

Best of luck to all!

I am an international Asian male applicant and I received it as well. I need full ride so badly, so I guess I’ll have to spend the rest of the holidays to write the essay. However, I am confused as they did not mention anything about our admission decision. Is it likely for us to get at least admitted if we submit an essay?

Hey everyone! Also Recieved a notification about premier scholarships!! Anyone familiar with this process. Super excited since UM is my topchoice

I absolutely have no idea. Can someone get no scholarship even after being named as a finalist? I wonder if this is for nearly everyone or not :frowning:

My guess is that finalists will receive the Presidential Scholarship, worth up to $30,000 a year, which will be replaced by a Premier Scholarship if they are selected.

As the parent of a current []_[] student and Singer Scholar, by all means submit the essay required to be considered for a premier scholarship! You never know unless you try…it was a game changer for my D.

Was your D invited to an interview or similar assessments other than the essay?

I can’t find where demographics would be on the portal. Would u mind explaining where you found this ID number?

Question to ED1 Admits: are you applying for housing and finding a roommate right now? I’m confused on the deadlines for these things.

For people who got the premier scholarship notification… was there a deadline or target date given?