University of Miami Class of 2024

Nope your gonna have to pay something with EFC of 30k

@LaxMom2020 My Dā€™s cost of attendance tab also disappeared from her cane link account, However clicking on the Financial Aid disclosure tab has a breakdown of COA and EFC. It shows 0 for grants/ scholarships at this point.

@jaguarzusa I would not count on the Net Calculator being too accurate at least as far as any scholarship money. Miami awards money in what seems to be a very arbitrary way, unless you are a URM I would not count on scholarship money as a sure thing.

where is the ā€œcost of attendanceā€ tab exactly?

@alogan if you log into cane link (Full site) click on student center, then click on VIew Financial AId, in the top left corner of the screen are three lines, click on them and you will see a menu that included cost of attendance (this is now not showing up in my D cane link). In that menu there is also a tab for FInancial Aid DIsclosure and for my D that showed cost of attendance and EFC (which Miami calculates from the FAFSA and the CSS profile in their own way so this will not necessarily match the FAFSA EFC).

My financial add disclosure only has $ under ā€œfamily contributionsā€ the rest are Zeros

not sure if this will help clear up any confusionsā€¦I am a sophomore. I totally relate to the anxiety and guessing, but it probably all means nothing. I had friends accepted, denied and waitlisted and there were variations of canelink messages disappearing etc. Best advice is to just wait and see before drawing any conclusions. On that note, I am happy to answer any questions that anyone might have! Between schoolwork, Iā€™ll try to respond somewhat timely!

Are the various scholarships only awarded as part of financial aid? Thinking yes, but may be wrong.

Do you know when campus invites come out?

This wait is insane, the loss of admissions tab is concerning

If my son lucky enough to receive one of the premier scholarships/ full tuition and fees, he still has to pay something?
How accurate UM Net price calculator is?
Thanks

@Mom2NND Thanks. Important to note that the Financial Aid Disclosure link did not open in Chrome. I had to go to Explorer to be able to view it. Iā€™ll definitely be keeping my eye on this tab, though.

I got accepted under ED1 and paid my enrollment deposit. the admission status section said that my application is complete after paying the deposit. the admission status section has disappeared from my canelink yesterday and I donā€™t know why

@LaxMom2020 Thanks for the tip ā€“ the Financial Aid Disclosure LInk was not opening for me in Chrome either (and was actually throwing me back to the Documents window). But it did open in Explorer. Our family contribution # is the same as it was when it was posted under COA last week (luckily I took a screenshot). Now my son only needs to (a) get in & (b) get grants/scholarships (not loans). The waiting sucks!

When do RD decisions come out? or when have they come out in past years?

Sorry, EA decisions ^^

princeofhappy- curious what your major is and how many credits you were taking in your freshman year? How was the workload? What was the biggest adjustment in your freshman year? Thank you for any feedback

@luc2020 EA decisions are expected toward the end of January/beginning of February

AS SOON AS ANYONE receives EA, please post.

I mean, I am expecting an acceptance as I was named a finalist for premier scholarship AND I submitted a short essay, but I donā€™t think Iā€™m gonna get one.