University of Miami Class of 2024

@NYCmamaof3 my daughter wasn’t invited to submit essay but hers shows presidential scholarship of $20k a year. I think they are still updating it though because it originally said $26300 a year…

Where do you see scholarship info?

@kslinky Can only hope so. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all!

@miichael Under disbursements on financial aid section

Yes good luck to all…getting very anxious!!!

How do you get to the financial aid section? This portal is kind of confusing…

@bgel33 in student center click View Financial Aid then use Menu and drop down to Disbursements. I hope this helps. It can be v confusing.

Ok thank you, I found it. All I have there is the $5500 Subsidized Loan.

Hello - I checked my financial aid and saw that I have $32k worth of disbursements per semester. I should probably know this, but is tuition paid per semester at UMiami? Can anyone tell me how much of the full tuition would be left over (ignoring need based aid)? I’m assuming this means I got in, but it’s weird that they would post this before decisions.

Yikes, I just looked and son has a ‘Canes Award’ but it’s not enough to cover what we need. We’ll see!

What applicants are get merit awards today?

Neither was mine. Her’s also says 20k
She is
34 act 1500 SAT
4.4 w 4.0 uw
Likely NMF

Update: One of the scholarships listed is the Singers scholarship, which I looked up and this is supposedly full tuition. 32k + 32k = 64k, which is around full tuition… right?

not quite, there are fees not covered in the 64k. Also make sure to complete the health insurance waiver if applicable later on because thats expensive

Hi, I am able to get onto the portal and go to financial aid but there is not an option for disbursements. Can someone help?

@techkween1 So full tuition but not room, board, and whatever other fees? Also, when do you expect actual decisions to go out?

I wonder if everyone is referring to Early Decision awards. Can someone clarify if the disbursements mentioned are for ED or EA applicants? They haven’t sent EA notifications yet. Just curious.

I applied early action and can see my disbursements. It’s pretty weird. I don’t want to tell my parents that I got a full tuition scholarship until I’ve actually received a decision.

@nickybtree What are your stats?

@jaguarzusa

760 reading/writing
730 math
97.8 weighed
95 unweighted (my school doesn’t convert)
some ecs, mostly student govt focused