University of Miami Class of 2024

My son also shows Disbursements and the Singer Scholarship… full cost of tuition and then the Florida EASE Grant.

What does it mean if you need a signed copy of a tax return? Do i need to get it printed out and sign it all? I just noticed this on my financial aid portal

@nickybtree MIami bills by semester, so you would pay each semester. The awards may be noted as per year and if so this means you would get half of that each semester.

@mom2jw these awards are all for EA applicants, yes decisions have not come out yet, but scholarship awards have been posted to accounts.

That I don’t know re decisions. Other fees are health center, athletic, tech fee etc. they’re listed on their website

Hi are you a parent or admissions official?

hey, i can’t find the disbursements tab! i clicked the drop down on the little menu tab and then financial aid and it says “financial aid” and “accept/decline awards” and when I click on the 2021+ thing for aid, it just lists the documents they have from me… can anyone help or give insight?

Can you launch those docs?

I didn’t apply for financial aid because I didn’t qualify for anything on the net price calculator which I’m now regretting. Can I still get merit aid or was this reliant on applying for financial aid

@honestlyidek once you click on the aid year 2021+ in the top left corner of the screen will be three bold lines, click on them and then click on disbursements. There you will see the COA and scholarship info if there is any.

There is a ‘Menu’ button on the top left side of the screen on the financial aid page.

Has anyone who has seen scholarship info on the portal NOT applied for financial aid (eg Merit only).?

@techkween1 not sure if you were asking me if I am a parent or admissions official- but if you were, I am a parent of a current Miami student and an EA applicant. I see where my comment may have been misleading to indicate that I am “in the know” of what scholarships were being discussed- my apologies. I meant to say that the discussion seems to be for EA applicants, and it seems like some scholarships have been posted today for some EA applicants. This was just based on what comments I have seen and what was posted in my D account.

I do know how MIami bills, as I have a current student there.

It literally just lists the docs and the description is “federal aid” for the 2021+ thing under “financial aid.” Idk where to go to see the scholarship info if there’s a tab. I clicked on the 2021+ and there isn’t a gear at the top

Nope. I sincerely hope they have not moved to a policy where you must apply for FA to even get merit aid like Fordham did (I learned the hard way)

ok so i found the menu button on the financial aid page but all it says is home and documents but nothing about COA or anything like disbursements…

@honestlyidek click on student center, then on left side click on view financial aid, then click on the 2021+ under aid year, this is where you see a list of documents. At the top left of the screen you will see Menu with three lines next to it. Click on those and choose disbursements.

NOTE: While I was typing this I was going thru the process to check what I was saying and my D tab for disbursements disappeared.

The disbursement button was in that menu. Mine literally just disappeared within the last 5 minutes.

Apologies if that’s sounded gruff. So many kids on this and wanted to validate your comment. Are you CPG?

NO MATTER WHAT DONT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL UNLESS YOU WANNA WASTE 4 YEARS

@mom2jw mine disappeared too!