University of Miami Class of 2024

did you guys ED?

Yeah I ED, but I did not get this email. I thought it might be coming out Friday but that might just be a rumor

i saw that on this discussion lol. i really hope it does. 2/5 of my friends already got into their top schools !

No email was sent outā€¦ however anyone else have their application status disappear on the mobile cane link?

I donā€™t remember what it looked like before so idk if mine changed lol

i think mine did change. like i was able to see the admission tab but now i cant. not positive tho so dont take my word for it

Ugh itā€™s annoying af I just wish they would give us a day that they will release the Ed. Like it will 90% be on Friday but they may do it Monday

Guys iā€™m SO NERVOUS this is my absolute DREAM school ugh

i hope itā€™s soon. it def will be. i have a feeling. i think a lot of major schools come out tomorrow

My son applied EA and as a parent I got an email from an admissions counselor containing the information I posted.

Super embarrassing - just realized this thread is for U of Miami - my son is applying to Miami University of Ohioā€¦apologies if I made any one nervous. First kid applying to college so this is new for me!!!

Any ideas when EA decisions are coming out?

nope sorry im more worried about ED

I called admissions and asked if the decisions will be released tomorrow and she straight up goes ā€œNo. By the end of the month. Have a nice day.

Donā€™t worry this happens every year, even on the very day decisions came out.

Where do you see application status in cane link?

@LafayetteLegend7 no one knows exact date of release of EA (or ED) decisions. Website says end of Jan/ early Feb. 2 years ago when my D1 applied Miamiā€™s website said decisions for EA would be out by late Jan, we waited and waited and checked and checked and Jan 31, no decisions. They didnā€™t come out until Feb 1. After that Miami changed their website to say late Jan, early Feb. So I would not hold my breath waiting for them in January, bc they canā€™t seem to get the decisions posted by a specific date, although most other schools seem to be able to commit to a specific date.

Does anyone know the specific time ED has come out before? Hopefully we find out tomorrow, but I just want to know what time!!

Typically ED comes out after 4:00 ā€¦ or after the admission office closes. Hopefully tomorrow!

Chance me?

I got 1230 SAT score and I have a 3.6 weighted GPA and Iā€™m applying ED for marine biology major. Im a Cuban female and go to a competitive public high school in MA and we have 4 levels ,College prep/Accelerated and Enriched/Honors/AP.
I have taken mostly AE classes since freshman year and I have always taken honors Spanish. This year Iā€™m taking AP biology but itā€™s my only AP : (
I have a lot of extracurriculars but no leadership positions in any clubs or anything. Iā€™ve been in 3 clubs and had a part time job for about a year and I have lots volunteer hours from being a TA In an algebra 2 class and volunteering at the aquarium near me. I also took a summer college course on marine biology that gave me 1 AP credit.

I definitely think UM is a reach for me and sorry this is long haha