University of Miami Class of 2024

ED2 came out 2 weeks after EA last year so it’s definitely possible that it comes out next week. If not next week, definitely the week after which is when it came out last year.

@lookingformyson A couple of my friends and I are in the exact position as your son. Expect to receive a letter this Friday the 31st since according to previous years UMiami usually sends admission decision letters on a Friday.

I honestly don’t know why they haven’t released all the decisions at the same time, but I just assumed that was the case since I am an international student and not applying for financial aid.

Edit: Grammatical error.

@MB2020
The EASE grant is the old Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG). If you complete the FAFSA and are Florida Resident or complete UM’s certificate of Florida Residency you will earn it or the FSAG (Florida Student Assistance Grant) the latter which has a need component while the EASE grant does not require need.

The first 2 pull downs from the UM website at this link explain.

https://finaid.miami.edu/types-of-aid/florida-aid-programs/index.html

Here is the information on the EASE grant
https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/PDF/factsheets/EASE.pdf

I applied ED and was DEFERRED to RD.
Anyone know what the true chances are of being accepted?
How many folks that get a deferred decision actually end up being admitted?
Or is this just Miami’s way of delaying when they deny you?

Has any of you received the Harambee Weekend invitation?

We are wondering the same thing. I guess all will be answered scholarship weekend when we go. Does anyone know if Stamps scholar finalists were notified of interviews?

Sorry 0 “same thing” means we were wondering about AP tests and general education requirements if in Foote
Also, just to add to the information, my daughter got a Singer scholarship. It was in her canelink mobile messages and she received a letter in mail. However, it does not show up anywhere in either the mobile site or full site.

Shouldn’t the admission results be released any minute now?? They were released the first time around this time last week. I hope I didn’t stay up for nothing.

My son received the Harambee Weekend invitation also.

You need to go to “View Financial Aid”, then click on the year. Then go to “Menu” on the top left and scroll down to “Awards”. They didn’t make it easy! LOL

Anybody received their admissions results today?

If not do you think they will be released before 12 pm EST??

N

Is any one from the Tallahassee area or the north of Florida?

Today I found that they have changed the estimated cost of attendance in the financial aid awards (less than before).
Did anyone find the same thing in his/her financial aid awards?

@fifanto365 Yes, I see that housing/meals (really, it’s housing) has gone up about $200 since last week’s official FA Award letter. Someone’s gotta pay for the new housing there (while living in the construction zone)…

@Steglitz90 my housing and books & supplies have gone down for me.
have you started your housing application because I think they used the data in it as an indication for the housing cost?
May I know your new housing cost in the COA?

anyone know if miami releases smaller scholarships later on?

@fifanto365 on my son’s disclosure, the prior one (1/24 & the one we received in the mail) had housing/meals at $15,126. Today when I checked, it’s $15,314. The other numbers remained the same. We have not started the housing application as my son is still waiting to hear back from some other schools before deciding.

@fifanto365 daughter’s changed too, around $180 more. Not that it is a big amount, but things like this is what worried me about her committing.
It’s looking like without premier, the U maybe not be possible.
Waiting on UF now, doubt they’ll be as generous with scholarship/grant money but at least her prepaid plan will cover most of it.

Anyone receive generous financial packages? Did anyone else apply ED2?