University of Miami Class of 2024

I saw someone ask on Instagram tonight when regular decision was coming out -and their reply was April 1 st.

We are bummed out after seeing that Instagram reply from UM. Now have to wait 12 more days

Most colleges will say April 1st but they plan on releasing them earlier. I would be surprised if they actually release them on the 1st. I asked UNC 2 days before they released the notifications (today actually) and they replied the end of the month. I think that they have to tell their applicants the date posted on the website.

Miami might have a difficult time having anyone go to that school with everyone getting laid off. If they were smart they would release ASAP. But their yield will be terrible this year.

If I haven’t heard back yet does that mean I’m not in or I’ve been waitlisted? I applied for motion pictures

Nobody’s heard back, we just all have to keep waiting!

@lovey8888 Decisions haven’t been released yet

I’ve heard from a few people that it may be tomorrow! Also- their spring break was extended due to Corona, so a current student said to probably expect some point next week.

@MTLover2002 do you think they would be released on a Sunday?

Honestly - not too sure of anything anymore LOL. Corona has changed many things, and could definitely affect the decision release dates of schools. While I do not know if it is likely, as in past years it has usually been on Fridays (or weekdays for that matter), I don’t think looking at last year’s decision days will be a super accurate example. On the website, it says by April 1st, so who knows! I wouldn’t check the portal constantly tomorrow- but in current times, expect the unexpected! :slight_smile:

So annoying called the admissions office yesterday and they said a two week delay. Kind of confused how they are so delayed?? No other schools I know of are having problems getting decisions out!

I emailed admissions and they said no delays 

They told me in an email there were no delays. Wth?

From what I can gather from looking at posts from previous years, I wouldn’t really trust when admissions say decisions will be out. I think that they have a certain date they have to say (usually late March/April 1st) and just stick to it. Looking at last year’s posts, someone asked admissions and they said the end of the month - and then decisions actually came out later that day! Best of luck to all :blush:

If they said that then there is probably not going to be a delay. Maybe tomorrow they will be released ?

Hey guys. They do this every year. Tell people April 1 etc. The past two years decisions were released on the 22nd. Even though they told people April 1. Hang in there. I felt pretty sure this past Friday would be the day. It’ll be next week I’d think for sure. Your portals will start changing and a new box beneath your name address etc will populate with your decision. Best of luck everyone!

Totally agree with @spartondrew ! Question out of curiosity. I was reading on last years threads that before they sent out decisions, they prepared the portals by taking out the admissions tab. Anyone else notice this? My daughter noticed today that hers is gone!

Our year which was two years ago an entirely new box populated on the main portal page at the bottom. If you go back and look at last years thread you’ll see many people post about a mysterious green circle that showed up days before the others. They may have fixed this since I’m not hearing about it now. But the vast majority of green circle people were either deferred or denied. Green check is what you want to see!

Thank you! She will be on the lookout! And I misspoke before. She still has her application status page. Wishing everyone good luck and some peace in this crazy college process!

I just looked on my portal and the admissions tab is now available on my main student center page which was not up before and I have the green dot
hoping this does not mean a rejection :frowning: