University of Miami Class of 2024

I called yesterday, they said their AO closes 12/20 so it will be before that. That’s what I got!

They always say that. They have some basic responses that don’t say the day it will release. They give a very vague response so people will stop calling

Ugh I hate that we don’t know if its getting released today or not

IS IT TODAY OR NOT IM GONNA CRY

IT JUST CAME UP

IT JUST CAME UP

Are the results out?

It’s out

34 ACT
Very Strong EC’s and a pretty decent letter and essay.
GPA - 3.7
Attended UM’s Summer Scholars and did well.
Denied.

I don’t understand how this happened…
this was my dream school…

I haven’t heard yet

don’t worry about it things will work out for you. at some level admissions are pretty random! I have the opposite experience last year I eded to another school-- my ‘dream school.’ I was denied and was pretty sad about it. Later was accepted to UM and am so happy I ended up here. Everything will work out and you will get into another school you love that may even end up turning into your dream school!

admissions updates are up!

@Retrospectacle is that 3.7 unweighted or weighted? did you have a lot of AP’s and IB’s?

@jhmoney my school is a little weird, it’s one GPA that they send but it’s based on class weight as well. I had 4 APs - APUSH, AP Lang, and I’m taking AP Lit and AP Spanish right now.

did you see aid?

my aid is not there… any one else?

For those accepted, can you share your stats?

Accepted!! I had a 29 ACT and a 92.17-93.25 gpa. I had 6 AP/honors classes. I also did the Summer Program at U Miami in the Summer.

I called and they said financial aid will be released on Monday.

Is this ED only or are EA decisions out today as well?