University of Miami Class of 2024

@WMassgirl in past usually those with green dots were either denied or waitlisted

this is our thread from 2 years ago. Those that had green dots had them for a couple days I think then on decision day they disappeared for many of them. Most were waitlisted, deferred to spring admission or denied admission that I could tell. No changes to your portal is probably better news than the dreaded green circle. I hope you all post your results here so future applicants have a pattern to follow as well.

Also be sure to refresh your portal often. The admissions letter showed up in the message center before we ever got an email or anything changed even on the main student center page for some applicants.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/2030809-university-of-miami-class-of-2022-p117.html

Same. The section with the green dot appears at the very bottom of the page, you may have to scroll down to see it. My daughter had it and was also deferred EA but does not have it now. Who knows though if it means anything or maybe a green dot is a good thing this time around!

It doesn’t seem like as many people have the green dot this year

Maybe but this thread isn’t nearly as active as previous years. This same U Miami thread 2 years ago had double the posts on this same date. 117 pages versus 64 right now. So fewer people on here posting as before which may account for fewer people posting about green dots.

Do you think decisions will be out today b/c based on last year they released it in waves starting at around 12?

and here is the thread for last year’s group. Also almost double the posts as this group at the same date.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/2106542-university-of-miami-class-of-2023-p107.html

My son applied ED2. Decision came out on 2/14. He had zero changes to his student center. No application status box under the personal information section on the main page. No cost of attendance (which a lot of other people here were seeing). Nothing. Not one change and we studied his Student Center in detail because of what we were reading on here. When the decision finally came out (around 4pm EST), he had a new box pop up under Personal Information that contained a green check (he got in). I can’t remember exactly how it played out, but because he was ED2-we paid the deposit within a few days and then he had a green dot. I do not recall when exactly the check turned into a dot. That being said, nothing he had followed what anyone was saying here on CC. Don’t worry if you do have it. Don’t assume you got in if you don’t have it. And vice versa.

I will add that a friend of his called Admissions Office around 3:30 that day to see if decisions were coming out and the AO simply said by end of the month. That was 30 min before actual decisions came out.

Hope this info is helpful.

I think that’s consistent with what we’ve been saying here. When my daughter was admitted nothing changed and then the new box populated below with the green check mark just as you said happened to your son. That being said, having no change does not mean you’re in and having the green circle doesn’t mean you’re out. It likely means you’re not in right now though, deferred, waitlisted, etc.

My daughter never got a green circle but she also didn’t accept admission either so maybe that’s why.

I still do not understand the “green dot”

I am really hoping they get out today. Right now in miami is 1pm so ill check in about 4 hours.

I also don’t see a dot or check anywhere in my student homepage or in the application status page.

It’s kind of cruel that they are making us play the waiting game, NGL. But also, please, please if anyone gets a decision today, post it here (obviously you don’t have to say if it was a rejection or acceptance, haha). Then we can all try and gage if decisions are actually coming out today! Best of luck to all!

Just a reminder that they only ever said decisions would come by April 1st. So anything before that is really a bonus. The cruelty is what we’re doing to ourselves
trying to look into a crystal ball, or rather a green dot. Lol.
Fingers crossed it’s today or sometime before April 1st, but most of all that when it comes it’s an “Accept”.
Good luck to all.

Does the scholarship info usually come out with the admission decisions too?

@BlueYogi When I was accepted EA, the scholarship info was not on the acceptance letter
 I had to check the financial aid/tab section. Then, a separate letter came in the mail afterward only stating the scholarship.

@xoxolinnea I have the green dot and am nursing major as well

EA came out on a Thursday I’m pretty sure and ED on a friday. is there history of it coming out on a day other than those for RD?

@newjerseysenior the only reason we think it’s coming out today or tomorrow is bc UM’s Twitter posted that there is going to be a live stream Q&A for fall 2020 admitted students on Thursday. So it would only make sense for them to release Regular decisions before then.