University of Miami Class of 2024

MODERATOR’S NOTE: It is against the Terms of Service to solicit personal addresses (email, snapchat, etc.) or post them. I edited a couple of posts.

Congratulations @santaelf, from going through this thread I can see you were kinda anxious about this.

And @Retrospectacle, I wouldn’t fret about this. Admissions to elite schools seem so arbitrary nowadays. With your creds, you would be a certainty for many elite schools, so just apply! And no matter where you go, if you do outstandingly well in college you will be a great candidate for the most elite grad schools, jobs. Trust me, I went to a good college and saw lots of kids bomb out. I went to a major med school and 60% of my class came from a wide variety of colleges, not just the IVs and top 20 schools.

For all of those who heard today, this was just for the ED applicants? I had my D look and she saw nothing, but she was EA.

You’re in for sure. Probably will get money too

Accepted ED!
3.6 Unweighted GPA
29 superscore ACT
Showed LOTS of interest and met with my admissions rep
Good essay and was captain of a sport and president of a club

Your stats are similar to my son’s. He is ED2. That’s great to hear. What did you do to show interest and what did you meet with the admissions rep about?

TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT per Director of Admissions I spoke with on Thursday!

@Mimi Wong What happens tonight at midnight?

Whats going on at midnight ?

Do the acceptance letters show if the student will receive a merit scholarship or does that come later?

I think we will find out monday

When’s EA?

probably in late january

Are we talking about the financial aid letter? Tonight at midnight?

i dont know…

Admissions told me that all Early Action Decisions are RELEASED!!!

I think Miami OHIO is being released tonight. Not U of Miami-FLORIDA.

Act 30, Gpa 3.57 and he got in ED. We are over the moon!

Congrats to all who were accepted. My daughter is a pre med freshman, just finished her first semester. Many positive things to say including very challenging academics (she is a Presidential Scholar). Be warned that the cost of the new housing village just completed literally doubles housing cost. This is where they are placing many sophomores. Pricing will be $9-10k per semester. I think everyone should know going in how much the cost could increase if your child wants to stay in campus the second year. Definitely an opportunity to challenge admissions on this. Many families are quite upset at the feeling of bait and switch.

Are we thinking financial aid will come out tomorrow ?