University of Miami Class of 2024

Was just notified by Admissions rep that everyone who was accepted to HPM has already been notified. So that’s that. (No, they didn’t bother to notify applicants that didn’t get accepted. Hmmm)

@vistajay Thank you! We don’t really know about the professors much either FSU or Miami, she really likes the professor at Stetson the most, he has degrees from Curtis, Juilliard and Yale but will cost about the same as Miami. :frowning: I think Miami did a great presentation on the audition day, made it seem like the students might have more opportunities than FSU?

@islander99 This makes no sense. You paid an application fee and they at least owe you a formal rejection letter, or a waitlist offer, etc.

@SpartanDrew I’d love to ask you a few questions if you wouldn’t mind answering. Could you pm me?

1 Like

i was accepted for finance at the business school and there is a message that says for me to view my financial aid, but when I go to the aid portal, there is no drop-down menu that says awards

@acon02 same for my son…he emailed his regional admissions counselor and copied in the financial aid department, but no one has replied yet. I have a feeling it means he wasn’t awarded a scholarship, but we want to confirm that before crossing Miami off his list.

**** Just got a second email from the HPE administrator saying that SOME people have been notified, but others have not, and to please be patient.

@acon02 I had the same problem. It’s tricky and hidden. I contacted the program director of jazz vocal studies (what my D is interested in). Just after I did that I found that the “Awards” link is hiding up in the “Menu” link in the top left corner of the “Financial Aid” screen.

Hope that helps.

I encouraged her to let somebody know that this information is of GREAT interest to applicants and parents and should be mentioned/linked to somewhere obvious.

@kittycat1203 - please see message 1668 that I wrote (http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22699115/#Comment_22699115). The link to Awards, if any were granted, is hidden. Click on “Menu” in the top left corner when you’re on the “View Financial Aid” screen.

@ferkee Thanks so much for trying to help. Our problem is that when we click on “menu” on that screen the drop down menu only shows:
Home (and then)
Documents & Messages (underneath home)

So “Awards” isn’t even an option. Which probably means he didn’t get a scholarship, but it’s strange that he received a message to check his award if he wasn’t receiving one in the first place.

We emailed admissions and financial aid dept, but their replies today were slightly confusing as well. Think we will call them tomorrow to confirm and if no merit $ then we will move on to other schools that gave awards.

But thanks…appreciate your help!

Anyone know chances of getting admitted off of the waitlist?

I just got invited to Lead Miami AGAIN. Was there anyone who got admitted but WAS NOT invited

I was also admitted and invited to LEAD. Does anyone know what it means bc I couldn’t find much info about it online.

For the financial aid package (the merit scholarships), I received an email with my package about 3 days after my acceptance and received the official paper in my acceptance package that came in the mail. This financial aid package includes all your merit scholarships, Florida Bright Futures (if applicable), loans, and financial aid offers. You can find the package by logging in to your mobile Cane Link. When you’re in your dashboard, click “View Financial Aid.” Then, click “Select Aid Year” and choose the year. It will take you to another page. On that page, click “Menu” on the top left and select “Awards.”

Is the waitlist worth anything or are there thousands of applicants on the waitlist? Was anyone denied acceptance (other than music/theater applicants)?

Is anyone really nervous about attending UMiami??

Why?

1 Like

Does anyone know how long it would take for people to hear back from the waitlist? I put my name on the list as soon as I saw my decision but I know they don’t rank applicants on the waitlist

If you go to University of Miami Common Data Set you can view all information related to admissions. It seems like it listed the number of students waitlisted, how many accepted waitlist and how many were offered admission. It might be in section E or F?

I just looked and for the 2018/2019 school year (last years information has not been released yet) they waitlisted 10,405 students. 4,041 accepted a place on the list. They pulled 30 students for admittance.