University of Miami Class of 2024

@umiamii2024 This is shocking! It became more of a lottery thing!

Whatever, thank you for sharing the information!

@umiamii2024 Though, do you have an idea about whether calling them may express interest or not? I am an international applicant (pretty sure the number of applicants from my country is quite small), so I was thinking of contacting them to ask about waitlisting for international students but thought they may regard this as a redundant question. Any advice?

@ProtonAgent Not gonna lie, I have called the admissions office and asked to speak with my representative directly (she has not once picked up), sent multiple letters of continued interest emails, and filled out the waitlist survey. However, I am still on the waitlist. Not really sure what to do at this point, but I don’t really think calling makes a difference since it is completely random. It does not hurt to at least try. I am pretty sure one more wave of waitlist acceptances will come out so just do anything you can at this point. Nothing to lose.

@umiamii2024 There is absolutely nothing to lose; being static all this time, Umiami is obviously having no intention to make that kind of “waves” as I haven’t seen any massive admitting actions from them until this moment! Even the admitted-off-the-waitlist students I saw didn’t receive generous financial support—I believe Umiami is having financial troubles currently as a result of the COVID-19 breakout (I have seen some journalistic articles talking about this). Even if I succeded getting off the waitlist, I will have a lot more to worry about: FINANCIALS!

@ProtonAgent right, I think that anyone getting admitted off the waitlist now will be getting little aid. That is why a lot of people are declining their admission. I hope to get in though, but I really think there will only be one wave and it will be soon. June 15th is the deadline to letting students know if they got off the waitlist or not. It is already May 28th. There is two more weeks and they need to give people time to decide whether or not they want to accept their offer.

! آه يا دنيا ، ليه بتحطي على جرحي كلونيا. فين يوميامي من الويتليست

@KosomElhiah123 متزعلش نفسك يزميلى، كلو رايح

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist recently?

I just got off the waitlist today!

@umiamii2024 Congratulations! Wish you the best with your study there <3

Did they call you?

@ProtonAgent I had to check my portal. I got an email.

@shobeta5rebe2o
ولله يا صاحبي الدنيا بتركب بس الواحد هيعمل ايه

و اهو جدع طلعلك من الويتليست و انا قاعد بحشش على جنب

@umiamii2024 Have you applied for financial aid ?

I am so happy to say that I got off the waitlist today for Spring! I will be going for business! If anyone wants to be friends add me on instagram @meera_gupta :slight_smile:

Congrats!! I’m still keeping my fingers crossed!

i also got off the waitlist for spring 2021 on friday! for anyone still on it and waiting to get off, please don’t lose hope. i really thought i wouldn’t get off as i sent my LOCI first of may and nothing happened. just be patient and stay positive :wink:

@Nemore12 Who did you send your LOCI to? I’ve been emailing my counselor and he has been very responsive, but should I be doing more?? I really hope I get off the waitlist! Any advice?

@ChiGirl12 i sent my LOCI to my admissions counselor on April 30th and then filled out the survey in May. Ive heard abour others calling their admission reps but I didn’t do that. What major are you applying for? Tbh I was unsure if I would be taken off the waitlist bc I’m majoring in bio which is pretty popular. But again don’t lose hope and good luck :slight_smile:

@Nemore12 Thank you! I’m majoring in Business. Unfortunately, I didn’t receive the survey. I know I’m running out of time, but I sure hope to be joining you all at UMiami. Congrats, again, on your admission!

I’m exactly in the same situation, I didnt receive the survey, and I didn’t receive the waitlist letter neither. I’m majoring in business . Everytime I call them to know about my admission status they tell me to wait , cause admissions letter are sent on a weekly basis.