University of Miami EA 2022

@jackd341 I believe international students are notified through Fedex mail.

@jackd341 yes im an international student from Kuwait. btw, do you know if UMiami mails any rejection packages or something like that.

@kuwaitarch I doubt there is a rejection package. It’s probably just a thin letter.

@mamatojjandkk not necessarily a package, but do they mail rejection letters, or is it just through CaneLink?

@kuwaitarch @mamatojjandkk I think they do mail rejection letters, but i’m not entirely sure.

Just spoke to an admissions officer and he said the decisions would be out by the end of the week and would not be coming out today. Hope this gives everyone a better timeline for decisions. I’m going to say that decisions will be released this Friday in that 1) The mailed packages are scheduled to arrive to students on Feb 1st (Friday) 2) It’s the END of the week 3) The admissions website still says that decisions come out Late January/Early Feburary which implies that it’s going to be very early in Feburary and this Friday, Feburary 1st, fits perfectly within this window. If you combine all these factors together its clear to see that decisions will most likely be out this Friday! (Thursday at the very least)

Friday is Feb 2nd

@tsommer123 actually, the packages are set to SHIP on Feb 1st, but in my case (I live in Kuwait), it is expected to arrive before Feb 6th.

@tsommer123 I agree with everything you say. By the end of the week, and packages are set to ship on feb 1, so that makes sense they would release them that day. Feb 1 is THURSDAY, so I am think it makes it even more valid since they came out last year on a thursday.

Lol my watch was a day behind. Woops! But yeah I’m going to say this Thursday or Friday. And with what you said I’m now leaning more towards Thursday!

@Samsal my bad, my watch was a day behind haha

Yeah I’m thinking Thursday since they just updated it to say early February, they usually release on a Thurday and international students say their package is being shipped on February 1st

guys i called the admissions office and they said that packages are only sent for admitted students, rejections are only notified online.

@kuwaitarch you mean for international students? I think all notifications are on CaneLink for US applicants.

I think so @camcam2022 @kuwaitarch you can still be admitted and not get a package email… only international students get packages so far, from what ive heard. So, if youre in the US the package thing doesn’t mean anything.

Makes sense now

Thank you

So this was the 2021 EA thread about when decisions were released last year (on 1/26 around 5pm, varies by year)

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1946645-university-of-miami-2021-early-action-thread-p21.html

Some pointers from reading that thread

• decisions were released over many hours, between 5-8pm so don’t panic if you don’t see something right at 5pm. (I know. It’s CC. People will panic)
  • may need to allow pop ups in browser. Don’t panic
  • Emails and Canelink were not synced. Some people saw things on canelink first especially at 5pm. Don’t panic.
  • financial aid was also included but seemed like it was hard to find (check “communications center”). Don’t panic.
  • There was a group me right away via Facebook

Good luck folks.

One of my friends received an acceptance 30 minutes ago… nerve racking because I haven’t found out yet

How were they notified? Email or on Canelink?