University of Miami EA Class of 2025

I thought its time to start a thread for everyone applying to University of Miami EA class of 2025 to discuss and learn more about the process.

Please add your stats if you are comfortable doing so:

ACT:
SAT:
GPA:
State Residency:
Applied date:

Good Luck!

2 Likes

ACT:
SAT: 1420
GPA: 3.67 UW / 3.84 W
State Residency: CA
Applied date: 10/17

Hi Thank you for starting this thread. Is it just for EA applicants? I applied for ED.

ACT: 30
GPA: 3.7(UW) 4.5(W)
State: FL
Applied: 10/18

Ah, ED should be fine too … There is no way to update the message post now.

I think U Miami EA announcements come around Jan last week, according to the previous years activity in CC.

ACT: 33
GPA: 3.3 UW 3.7 W (extenuating circumstances during sophomore year brought my GPA down but it improved jr year)
State: VA
Applied: 11/1

SAT: did not submit
GPA: 4.07 on a 4.0 scale (school does not calculate UW, but when I calculated it, it is about a 3.7)
State Residency: Connecticut
Applied date: 10/18

My son applied EA - Miami Herbert Business School

ACT: n/a
SAT: 1370
GPA: 3.8 UW/4.0 W
State Residency: NJ
Applied date: 10/30

Applied to Miami Herbert Business School

SAT: 1480
GPA: 4.21 W, 3.8 UW
State Residency: CT
Applied date: 10/17

SAT: 1470
GPA: 4.22
Applied date: 10/31

Does anyone know if maybe the decisions for EA could be released by the end of the year? Or will we definitely be waiting until at least January?

Usually ED release on mid December and EA end of January.

1 Like

SAT: 1490
GPA: 3.7UW/4.01 W
Connecticut, applied 10/15 EA

My Son Applied to Herbert Business School

ACT:
SAT: 1560
GPA: 3.9 UW
State Residency: MA
Applied date: Nov 1, 2020

Chances for Foote? Does anyone know if need to apply directly for Global Business Program?

I just applied to UMiami ED, couldn’t find an ED channel so I’m posting on here.

SAT: 1410
GPA: 3.76 (extremely rigorous private school, not many AP/honors classes available)
State Residency: PA
Applied date: 10/12

Hi… I applied ED too. Florida.
Major: Heath science (premed track).
Applied to HPM program too.
What’s your major? According to previous years’ thread the decision will come out 3rd week of December. Super nervous!!

Hi! I’m looking to major in Public Relations in the School of Communication. I am so nervous, UM has always been my dream school.

Go Canes! Here’s my son’s info:

ACT: N/A
SAT: 1560
GPA: 4.6/5.0 and 4.0/4.0
State Residency: CA
Applied date: mid-October

He’s a legacy (obviously) and we are hoping for full CoA scholarship.
Go Canes!

I applied ED
Major: Criminology
ACT: N/A
SAT: N/A
GPA: 3.98W (school doesn’t calculate UW)
Applied Date: 10/27

I know my stats aren’t as high as many others applying, but I have a very strong personal essay and supplement. Just giving it a shot and hoping for the best. My GPA is lower as I struggle immensely with mental health issues but I have taken rigorous courses.

1 Like

Hi all… could somebody please verify what you can see when you open the applicant portal? Mine… just application check list, uploaded docs and financial aid interest update. Is it the same for everybody?

1 Like

@Dolphin03 that’s basically what we see, as well. At the very top, under the welcome headline, it says thank you for applying…you have applied EA…

1 Like