University of Miami EA Class of 2025

By the way, we both are international students, applied EA

If we didnā€™t get an email, does that mean weā€™re not getting a scholarship?

1 Like

I think if no email it means no full ride consideration there are still other scholarships though.

2 Likes

i am a finalist for the ronald a. hammond scholarship!
3.8UW/4.095W - IB student
many leadership positions in ECs
applied EA
best of luck to you all!

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the deadline for the scholarship essays?

I wonder if it they notify students on a rolling basis, depending on the day they applied. When did the ones that got the scholarship email applied?

2 Likes

I applied like the final day you could at 11:59 and got mine about 6-7 days ago

2 Likes

Thanks there goes my theory. :frowning:

Do we need official SAT/ACT scores if you choose the test scores to be reviewed in the application process?

Deadline is January 3rd 11:59. It also says if you donā€™t submit the essay then you will not be admitted or very little chance.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on my profile?

ACT: n/a
SAT: 1410 (710 ERW, 700 M)
GPA: 4.143 W (4.0 scale)
State Residency: PA
Applied date: Oct 23 (EA)

1 Like

What we think is relatively irrelevant.

It is better than accepted UM student average.

But what do YOU think of that stat?

3 Likes

Aye Iā€™m from PA too applying to the u and your profile is above the average however itā€™s hard to grasp because we donā€™t know your essay or ec and what they look for

1 Like

ayee PA

very true lol
iā€™m feeling pretty good but anxiously waiting decisions (even though not for a month or so!)

Letā€™s say you win the UM premier scholarship. Are you still able to receive a merit scholarship of at least $22,000?

Usually the premier scholarships are full tuition so I donā€™t think you can receive anymore from the school however you can receive from fasfa and css and things like that

1 Like

What is your unweighted GPA?

school doesnā€™t calculate it for us and iā€™m not quite sure how to do it myself
iā€™ve tried online GPA calculators but the grading system at my school is different (ex. we donā€™t have A+ just A but we have A-)

feel free to send me your final grades each subject for Freshman through junior and first semester senior year. i can do it for you.