University of Miami EA Class of 2025

D deferred.
GPA 3.7 UW 4.37 W.
34 ACT
16 AP classes
Great recs
Wish I knew what to tell her.

2 Likes

Daughter accepted to business school as a Foote Fellow and with a presidential scholarship of $25k/year. She’s a national merit semi- finalist so with Benaquisto, this becomes a real option for her.

The letter said over 42,000 applicants for 2100 spots. But I’m sure they accepted more than 2100 kids :slight_smile:
SAT: 780 math 710 Verbal
GPA: u/w 4.0, weighted, 4.55
9 AP’s: Physics, Physics C, GOV, Calc AB and BC, Psych, Comp Sci A and Principles. All 5’s with 2 4’s.
Varsity tennis captain since sophomore year (USTA ranked)
varsity soccer and track
NHS, MU Alpha Theta and Science National Honor Society (co-president)
Class treasurer
lots of volunteer hours
teaches tennis

She’s very excited about the opportunity.

3 Likes

Daughter accepted into public health
$12K scholarship per year
1500 SAT 740V/760M
3.75UW/4.95W GPA
8 APs (physics 1 3, AP Lit and Comp 4, APUSH 5), AP Bio, AP Gov, AP Latin, AP great Books, AP Calc AB
Swim team, student government leadership, several health related ECs and two jobs
No hooks

I am late to the party, but my son got in.
EA
ACT 35
Engineering
4.69 w
IBDP
Lots of AP, IB, DE, Honors
EC: tutoring, youth sports coach, academic and engineering clubs and competitions, job, Engineering Internship
Ethnicity: Minority
$14,000 per year

1 Like

I got in too!! So excited. Where did you find the scholarship? Was it in the acceptance letter? Or was it a separate link or letter? Thank you!

I am confused by that statistic. Do you think that is how many they accepted out of the EA pool? Or are they indicating that their entire freshman class size this year will be only 2100 students? Any idea?

Didn’t know Miami was more competitive then Harvard. That acceptance rate seems very incorrect.

4 Likes

me too!

Deferred
OOS Broadcast Journalism major
GPA: 3.7 UW 4.1 W
ACT: 32
National awards, tons of leadership, paid internships, and varsity athlete
8 AP’s

Deferred-out of state
3.7 uw
3.8 weighted
1410 sat

hope this helps!

They accepted more than 2,100. Probably more like 10,000-12,000 when all is said and done because yield is usually around 20%

It was out of the EA Pool. Last year they accepted around 10000-11000 applicants. A lot of very qualified kids got deferred and it pisses me off because it looks like they yield protected. It looks like only kids who were offered scholarships were accepted in EA.

No. I got the scholarship thingy but I was deferred sigh

Major: nursing
GPA: 4.0UW, 4.7W
RNK: 6 / 550
ACT/SAT: test optional
AP: 7 + (6 more not reported yet)
EC: good mix, varsity sport, leadership group + others
Good essay
Showed interest (online/remote)
OOS
FA: No

FYI to all deferred…they admit many deferred in the RD round. If you are interested let them know. send a LOCI

Every school that deferred me last year accepted me in RD.

Case deferred me then gave me major $$$ merit in RD. Strange but it happens more than you think.

7 Likes

Deferred. If anyone’s switching to ED2, come join me on UMiami ED2 Class of 2025

1 Like

Maybe that’s just engineering?

Yes

Guys should I email them asking if I can submit my 28 and remove my 32 ACT so that I get in RD. Think I have a better shot w a 28.

2 Likes

Son Accepted Business school
Major: Marketing
GPA: 3.8 (UW), 4.0 (W) (5 AP, 2 H)
SAT: 1540 (800M/740V)
ECs avg (2-sport athlete, HS Leadership), Good Essays, Good Recs
Nationally Ranked Public High School (CA)
Canes Achievement Award ($12K/yr)