University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Nothing there

It just says “This week we are looking forward to welcoming back returning students and our newest Canes” im not sure if that means anything but I think its gonna be friday

1 Like

It says “next week” so I think MomofBoysFL is right and it will probably be next Friday (22nd) as well

1 Like

This is the wording on Twitter post from this morning:

“Next week, our campus will welcome continuing students and our newest 'Canes!
All non-local, first-year students are required to live in University housing. Check out the residential communities our students call home on [http://hrl.studentaffairs.miami.edu]”

1 Like

The exact wording is, “Next week, our campus will welcome continuing students and our newest 'Canes!”

This is not related to EA decisions. My guess is either 1/22 or 1/29.

2 Likes

I read that to mean new 'Canes as in spring admits (most likely transfer students).

1 Like

Aw I was really hoping it meant this friday… why is it taking them SO LONG

Still could be we have no idea lol. Does anyone know if they give us a heads up or if we Just check every Friday?

I think they are talking about transfers and all the students that chose to be remote for fall semester and are arriving on campus for the first time. My S is heading back on the 23rd so it would be nice to know if D will join him as a 'Cane before he leaves!

are student that are selected for a scholarship admitted ? or they can be rejected also?

I read in a Facebook group that the letter sent to finalist and semi-finalist said that they will not be admitted if they do not complete the scholarship steps.

I’m wondering this too

Update: someone called admissions and they said this week

3 Likes

For EA? That would be great.

1 Like

Yea for scholarship you had to write the essay but I’m not sure if we could still get denied

Has anyone been receiving any type of email correspondence from UM about anything? I find it sort of weird that they don’t send informational emails or maybe it’s just for me.

1 Like

@physman we have not; other than one email relating to our campus visit in Oct, nothing since D applied for EA. Big contrast to other schools.

2 Likes

Nada

Nothing from Admissions via email. If you follow them on Instagram, you get some info. We signed up for their UM Communications newsletters and those come in regularly via email.

1 Like

@bryclesprout EA decisions are coming out this week?

1 Like