University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Just received an email reminder to test Application Portal access to ensure ability to login ahead of the EA admission notifications which will be released by the end of the month.

Everyone else seeing this? Does this mean the decisions will not be postponed in light of the tragic news?

2 Likes

D23 received this email and we haven’t heard that anything is postponed. Her admissions counselor also changed in her portal.

1 Like

Weird I do not see this

Did not receive an email that EA was being released but was he was able to change his major from a five year chemistry bs/ms program to another major he felt was a better fit after talking to someone at the school. Just concerned this caused a hiccup in his outcome.

1 Like

Deepest condolences to all of you in Admissions. All of this is so inconsequential compared to something that shocking and difficult.

4 Likes

If the decision release this year follows the last 2 year’s patterns, decisions will be released on Friday, 1/17 between 4:00pm and 6:00pm Eastern. This is done on the portal, along with an email letting you know the decision has been made.

The ability to submit updated test scores has been disabled. Is everyone else seeing that?

Also, has anyone had their ability to change major disabled yet?

Based on threads from the last 2 years, those who had ability to change major disabled before the decision release were deferred/waitlisted. No telling if it will work the same way again this year but interested in knowing if anyone is seeing this.

2 Likes

Friday 1/20 or Friday 1/13

1 Like

Typo: 1/27. The pattern has been to release on the last Friday of January.

3 Likes

D23 checked portal and she isn’t able to submit an updated test scores. She can click on the link from the portal but it says the deadline has passed. Looks like she can still change major.

1 Like

Thank you. When you receive your decision post here so next year’s class will know if it still the same.

2 Likes

Same here
 can’t update scores but “major change” link still active.

1 Like

As far as I know, everyone who could change their major was accepted. Check if it changes in the previous days

Has anyone applied to the double major program?

Change major was still active and my son was deferred so I do not think that it is accurate.

5 Likes

For at least the last 3 years, UM has issued EA decisions on the last Friday in January. My guess is that they will do the same this year. The EA pool is by far their biggest applicant pool. Have heard the number of applications is up another 10% this year (to nearly 55,000), so I think the chance of them releasing decisions a week or two earlier than normal is very very low.

Based on the ED decisions issued back in December, they seem to have addressed the change your major issue for this year’s admission cycle. The ability to change your major is no longer an indicator of your future admission decision.

3 Likes

What Michael said!

2 Likes

Decisions will be released last week of January as hinted above by other posters. Sorry for the late replies.

3 Likes

We did eclipse well over 50K spots for 2200 spots so a stressful time but a rewarding one ahead for all!

2 Likes

50K just for EA !??? WOW ! how many do you expect RD ?

1 Like

Their RD Deadline was 1/1. Last year TOTAL apps was just north of 40K. I suspect the 50K number that’s being cited is all-in.

2 Likes