University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

ED1 decisions are typically released on the second Friday in December (which would be December 8th). They typically post them sometime between 3-4pm EST.

Are merit scholarships and/or invitation to apply for Stamps included in ED acceptance letter?

Thank you!:crossed_fingers:t2:

Hi! UMiami has been my top school for years now so I applied ED1. My unweighted gpa is between 3.7 and 3.8, and my weighted is a 4.1 I believe, but I know they mostly look at unweighted. I applied test optional, and I did a lot of extra curriculars throughout high school.
In two honor societies and on the board of 1 of them as vice president
I did a performing arts program all 4 years of highschool
4 years varsity cross country and track
I do community service for my temple
Iā€™m the vice president of USY which is a program that is held in my temple (we hold teen events and offer community service hours)
Very good college essay and supplement (as Iā€™ve been told)
My brother graduated from UM last spring which is demonstrated interest
They have a record of me visiting campus
Iā€™ve emailed back and forth with the admissions director
I feel that my application was good, but UM seems to defer a lot now so I was curious on what my chances may be.

Iā€™ve also taken 6 APs, and 5 advanced courses. Thatā€™s why my unweighted gpa may be closer to a 3.7 , but they like to see college courses.

Anyone know when Miami will release EA decisions?

iā€™d say youā€™re good esp with the ED as they take well over 50% from ED.
checking your high schoolā€™s scattergram is another way to overthink it all if youā€™re into that sort of thing.

hi!
applied to university of miami EA.
stats:
1320 sat (720 english / 600 math). average sat score at frost is 1300 so i submitted!
4.1 / 4.4 weighted, not sure of unweighted.
6 aps
major: contemporary voice/songwriting at frost. second choice major: screenwriting
umiami (frost specifically) is my top choice! i would have early decisioned but frost majors arenā€™t able to :frowning:
i passed the first round of virtual auditions and auditioned in person this past weekend. lots of demonstrated interest (tours, contact, virtual events etc)
would love to know if anyone knows around when specifically decisions will be out and any insight about my stats specifically!

Last year it was the last Friday in January