University of Miami Graduate School?

<p>Hello guys. Even though the discussions carried in this forum have to do with Undergrad mainly Im going to post about Graduate school.</p>

<p>I am currently a freshman at Florida International University (FIU) doing a Mathematics major with a minor in Computer Science. I LOVE math and am very sure that is what I want to do for Grad school. I love math in its pure/abstract and analytical form which the basis of graduate research.</p>

<p>I was wondering how good the math department at UM is? I have lived in Miami for practically all my life and that is the reason I am going to FIU because I wanted to stay local and I also want to do the same for grad school therefore the reason for me choosing UM. </p>

<p>So I was wondering how tough is it to enter into UM's Grad school doing a MS/Phd in Mathematics. Also, how much does UM or math departments from any school weight your grades on classes which aren't from your major? For example, I am very confident that I am going to have a 4.0 in my math classes (major GPA) but I suspect I will have a couple C's and B's from other areas but always straight A in math.</p>

<p>Any opinions?</p>